Conversion of TR visa to Non Immigrant O in the country

My friend is currently serving his last days in quarantine. After that he wants to apply for the conversion of TR visa to Non Immigrant O in Pattaya. He is over 50 years old and has the 800,000 baht in a K-Money "Money Market Fund". But he can't prove that the money was transferred here from abroad. And this is what is required for the conversion. The account has existed for over 10 years, and he did not pick up his Money Transfer Slip from the bank at that time. 
What can he do? Are there any agents who can help with this?

If he can prove the 800k baht has been in the account for a long time immigration will normally accept it without proof it came from abroad.

He will need to move the 800k baht into a standard savings or fixed term account. Immigration will not accept a money market fund.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2021 at 4:18 PM, ubonjoe said:

If he can prove the 800k baht has been in the account for a long time immigration will normally accept it without proof it came from abroad.

He will need to move the 800k baht into a standard savings or fixed term account. Immigration will not accept a money market fund.

Not quite correct . One can also have the money in a foreign currency deposit account like I do and that has been accepted by Immigration for the last 10 years !! 

11 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

Not quite correct . One can also have the money in a foreign currency deposit account like I do and that has been accepted by Immigration for the last 10 years !! 

Relevant to OP situation? Yes it's an option. Fact is he needs Thai bank account

Edited by DrJack54

On 3/13/2021 at 4:13 PM, thpitsch said:

What can he do? Are there any agents who can help with this?

He needs Thai bank account. One option would be to use agent to assist with bank account. Current threads on this. Not straight forward to open account with tourist visa. Years ago not so difficult.

I suggest use agent for the bank account. Visit imm regards what Ubonjoe suggests re show funds from o/s then obtain the non o himself. No need for agent as he has the funds. The annual extension after that is simple