Adsl And Dial Up On One Computer At The Same Time

localexpat

Hi

Does any one know i e has anyone ever tried to connect dial up and ADSL at the same time using the same phone line. If so can u use both at the same time on your computer

I hear dial up is analogue so it should be possible.

Any feedback most appreciated

Thanks

You will need to tell your programmes which line to use.

It is somewhere in the network settings, but I do not remember where.

I agree, why do you want to do it?

Have both configured and use the dial up when ADSL is down.

my ADSL do not permit fax sending , perhaps not a bad idea , or other solutions possible ?

when i need to send fax , i have to close the computer and plug out / in my telephone line .

what is a line filter ?

You should have got one with your ADSL router / modem. Looks like an adaptor , plug your phone / fax & router into the ports on one side and a line to the phone socket on the other side. Looks like this.

adslfil.jpg

You should have got one with your ADSL router / modem. Looks like an adaptor , plug your phone / fax & router into the ports on one side and a line to the phone socket on the other side. Looks like this.

adslfil.jpg

yes i got one of them , but my office phone allready on the phone line , i will get a double extention : one for the phone and one to plug to the computer dialup modem !

the other problem i find , is if i a friend is using the computer on adsl , i can not make call from my phone upstair ( i can live with that ! )

adslfil.jpg

yes i got one of them , but my office phone allready on the phone line , i will get a double extention : one for the phone and one to plug to the computer dialup modem !

the other problem i find , is if i a friend is using the computer on adsl , i can not make call from my phone upstair ( i can live with that ! )

The splitter should be at the point in the house before any branches in the telephone cables.. Or use a splitter at each location..

Guest Reimar
The splitter should be at the point in the house before any branches in the telephone cables.. Or use a splitter at each location..

The "Splitter" is a Micro-Filter which is used to seperate the two different Signals, the analog and the digital. You need to use an all lines which are connected to both ADSL and Analog systems.

In fact you can use at same time the ADSL to connect to the Internat and use the Analog to take phone calls or send and receive Fax.

The three femal connector on the Micro-Filter need to connect: 1 for Line In, 1 for ADSL and 1 for Phone/Fax. The ADSL would be connected to the Modem(Router) and from there by Ethernet Cable or WiFi to the computer while the the Phone connector can be connected to the analog Modem of the computer or Laptop.

By this way of connection you can use the Internet and at same time send and/or receive Fax. Works well I do this with my Laptop if I'm out of office.