Need To Borrow Kodak Easyshare Camera

paradisepizza

If anyone in the Chiang Mai area has a Kodak Easyshare camera I would like to borrow it for about 3 minutes. My camera died a few days ago and I want to put the memory card in another Easyshare and transfer the pictures to my comuter one last time.

Thanks.

Can you not take the memory card to a Kodak shop and have them transfer to disc for you ?

totster :o

Definitely the easy way to go. I just ordered a card reader that can read 48 types for 300 baht, so a Kodak shop should have no problems reading and transferring to CD.

Thanks for the idea. I'll try that. First time I've had this problem. HATE KODAK CAMERAS NOW!!! Buying a new one after this transfer...

I can recommend the Casio Exilims. Mine has served me very well. Really easy to use to get great shots.

Phil

Thanks for the idea. I'll try that. First time I've had this problem. HATE KODAK CAMERAS NOW!!! Buying a new one after this transfer...

I bought a Sony Cybershot 7.2megapixel and it lives on my hip - I take photographs at work everyday and it has replaced my standard 35mm film camera. It is small, easy to use and takes great photographs.

CB

This was my second Kodak (it a free hand-me-down) but I'm throwing it in the Ping River and never getting another Kodak camera. Both have been nothing but problems. I'll check out the Casio and Sony's mentioned above but I see a lot of people with Canons and they seem pretty good. I'm going to do some research on the Web looking for reviews.

Thanks.

I love my Canon and swear by them, Sony is never an option for me due to their memorystick format. Since a majority of electronics use SD I want to continue to use a brand that uses SD.

My laptop at home is a sony and has a memory stick slot so it is pull out of camera and stick in computer. At work this laptop is an Acer and I have the included with camera link which comes from the camera into either a tv for viewing or the USB for uploading.

Like many things in life it is a matter of personal taste and preference. I have never had any problems with Sony products and bought the 'puter and camera at the Sony shop in Pantip Plaza. They have excellent after sales service and are easy to deal with. What's the resolution on your Canon?

CB

I love my Canon and swear by them, Sony is never an option for me due to their memorystick format. Since a majority of electronics use SD I want to continue to use a brand that uses SD.

My laptop at home is a sony and has a memory stick slot so it is pull out of camera and stick in computer. At work this laptop is an Acer and I have the included with camera link which comes from the camera into either a tv for viewing or the USB for uploading.

Like many things in life it is a matter of personal taste and preference. I have never had any problems with Sony products and bought the 'puter and camera at the Sony shop in Pantip Plaza. They have excellent after sales service and are easy to deal with. What's the resolution on your Canon?

CB

I have an older A85 4mp for which I have an underwater case and a 5mp powershot S2 which is about 2 years old. The S2 is by no means slim but the 12x optical zoom makes up for it (the zoom during movies was another reason I chose it over the Sony counterpart)

I agree it is all personal choice though. However, sony has really only given me headaches. I have had quite a few problems with their audio electronics over many years. Plus I feel that what they choose to charge makes them unattractive.

CB

I have an older A85 4mp for which I have an underwater case and a 5mp powershot S2 which is about 2 years old. The S2 is by no means slim but the 12x optical zoom makes up for it (the zoom during movies was another reason I chose it over the Sony counterpart)

I agree it is all personal choice though. However, sony has really only given me headaches. I have had quite a few problems with their audio electronics over many years. Plus I feel that what they choose to charge makes them unattractive.

the canon IS2 had very good optical stabilisation. comparable to the FZ50 of the Pana and S9600 of the Fuji. Of course you would have to compare both of those to the newer IS3 by Canon. But both the Canon and Pana on the long zoon range lose out to excessive noise when compared to the Fuji S9600 with its superior Real processer at higher ISO's.

For a slim all around camera, I think the Fuji Fd40 is a fantastic buy at THB9,900 with 512MB memory card (xd card). IMO. It has face detection technology and high ISO picture taking without much noise.

• 2 weeks later...