Headphone sets for computer phone calls

stupidfarang

I have been using them for years in conjunction with my computer, because I have a speech recognition program installed on it, so I use them for that and also for telephone calls back to NZ or the UK.

Top of the range if you want to look for them are the Sennheiser range specifically with microphone and one earpiece (call centre use), and they are very good and I've had one for years. 

However have just changed it to one I bought on Lazada for around 190 baht and it is this: – USB Call Centre headset with noise cancelling microphone, monaurol headphone....

Good luck with your search. 

• Like 2

As far as I know the most important part is that the microphone is in a steady position near your mouth and obviously it should be comfortable.

If you just use it for phone calls you don't need a high quality microphone and headphone "speakers". 

And depending on your computer you need one with USB connection or microphone and speaker connections.

I use these: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/mpow-hc3-bluetooth-50dual-pc-i1946160054-s6169896446.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.101.54b5586f4ikwlr&search=1

Bluetooth 5.0, noise cancelling, single ear, can connect 2 devices at the same time, lightweight, comfortable.

I have used these for over 2 years, usually 10 hours a day and they still work as good as the day I bought them. Highly recommend.

1,221 Baht

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As far as I know the most important part is that the microphone is in a steady position near your mouth and obviously it should be comfortable.

If you just use it for phone calls you don't need a high quality microphone and headphone "speakers". 

And depending on your computer you need one with USB connection or microphone and speaker connections.

Agree, one doesn't necessarily need a high quality headset, and that's why bought the set for 190 baht.

The cheaper ones had a couple of connections, most of which you will not find on current computers and you have to get a little adapter, so changing to this latest one which has a USB connection, was a bonus.

Totally happy with it and can recommend it.

I've got two sets, a Sennheiser one and a 200 baht one from a guy in the car park of Big C. For talking, or playing online games the 200 baht ones work perfectly well, no issues at all, but the Sennheisers have much better sound quality for music or movies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use 300 baht Awei bluetooth headphones/mic. 

My primary application is calls back to the U.S., where I am on hold typically for 15+ minutes, so prefer the mobility.

I am not telemarketing gold futures, or training or participating on Zoom calls.

Can you describe your application(s)? Budget? Environment? (I turn off room fans, AC and spin down my PC fans for calls.)

18 hours ago, capriole said:

I am using this plantotrics headset for work and private calls, its comfortable for longs calls and good sound quality but not the cheapest

That looks nice, however for me, I only need one earphone as it makes the headset lighter and less sweaty and only need it for speech.!

c66ab9272a612a9a6d877a9cf2b0058c.jpg_2200x2200q80.jpg_.webp