No second chance: Thais in favor of stiffer sentences for DUI - throw repeat offenders in jail says poll

webfact

On 3/17/2021 at 10:47 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Time they actually started stopping vehicles by doing in-view patrols and after observing the driving pattern, stopping said vehicle, be it a car, motorbike, or truck, talking to the driver and then determining first observations after the stop of any signs and symptoms of intoxication, give them some field sobriety tests and then get a breath test afterwards,  Arrest them, impound the vehicle and have a court trial.  Suspend the license and then ensure the vehicle is not released until the suspension of the license is up making the driver pay the impound fee.  For repeat offenders, mandatory jail time, and vehicle seizure and sale with proceeds going to assist in paying the costs of the courts.  But then TIT and even the police drive or ride intoxicated.

Anyone caught DUI, automatic driving suspension  for life and vehicle auctioned off. Sorted! But wait

a minute, the police would need to start doing  their jobs, and that will never happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, adexbu said:

So funny ! 100% of Thai to whom you will ask will reply that after drinking 3 beers it's ok to drive !

They have no idea at all about their own behavior and they all are liars.

correction: 100% of the one you know.

Because on my side, i don't go to drink in a bar, i not drink alcohol, and i don't go think people who use there time to drink.

So because of that and if i go with your own model to think the word, i can said that 100% of the Thai doesn't drink and do not lie.

The reality is not ourselves only, it is out of our ego and usual way of life.

So definitely, Thai people are not all liars and are not usual to drink all of them, it is not 100% or 0%, 1 or 0, all or nothing... that doesn't reflect the life, but only your way top think the world.

We can go out of binary thinking maybe... please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jerolamo said:

correction: 100% of the one you know.

Because on my side, i don't go to drink in a bar, i not drink alcohol, and i don't go think people who use there time to drink.

So because of that and if i go with your own model to think the word, i can said that 100% of the Thai doesn't drink and do not lie.

The reality is not ourselves only, it is out of our ego and usual way of life.

So definitely, Thai people are not all liars and are not usual to drink all of them, it is not 100% or 0%, 1 or 0, all or nothing... that doesn't reflect the life, but only your way top think the world.

We can go out of binary thinking maybe... please.

correction: you clearly know nothing !

it is a fact ! 100% Thai have no idea that drinking even just a little bit, and even under the legal limit, is already too much.

How many times do you go to restaurants and see people drinking many many beers and then driving back home ? if you do not know this you clearly know nothing, it happens ALL THE TIME, and none of them even think 1 second that it could be illegal or dangerous.

Buy the way, before you talk about my background, most Thai I know are at least Master degree educated, many abroad, some are teaching in university or having jobs that very few people can hope to do. So do not tell me that it's about their social background ! And buy the way, I know this kind of people since 20 years working and having business here, and they NEVER CHANGED, all newly graduated are exactly similar to the older ones that I know since a long time !

so please, stop talking about what you CLEARLY know nothing !!!

Edited by adexbu
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, adexbu said:

correction: you clearly know nothing !

it is a fact ! 100% Thai have no idea that drinking even just a little bit, and even under the legal limit, is already too much.

How many times do you go to restaurants and see people drinking many many beers and then driving back home ? if you do not know this you clearly know nothing, it happens ALL THE TIME, and none of them even think 1 second that it could be illegal or dangerous.

Buy the way, before you talk about my background, most Thai I know are at least Master degree educated, many abroad, some are teaching in university or having jobs that very few people can hope to do. So do not tell me that it's about their social background ! And buy the way, I know this kind of people since 20 years working and having business here, and they NEVER CHANGED, all newly graduated are exactly similar to the older ones that I know since a long time !

so please, stop talking about what you CLEARLY know nothing !!!

so you pretend to know all the Thai people better than everybody, and pretend also to know my Thai friend better than me.

You pretend to much. Are you the one Guru to know more about everybody and everything what is the true ?

Better to laugh about that... shok diii

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jerolamo said:

so you pretend to know all the Thai people better than everybody, and pretend also to know my Thai friend better than me.

You pretend to much. Are you the one Guru to know more about everybody and everything what is the true ?

Better to laugh about that... shok diii

no i just confirm that you clearly know nothing and seem proud about it !

keep doing tough guy !

• Haha 1

A criminal justice system that is evenly weighed, regardless of position, status, wealth, connections and influence, is what is desperately needed. Don't let the rich creeps off the hook. And jail the cops, the army guys and the government officials, as you would a pleb, without money. 

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2021 at 5:16 AM, adexbu said:

no i just confirm that you clearly know nothing and seem proud about it !

keep doing tough guy !

sure, i contradict your comments and talk about my own life there where i stay far from people who drink alcohol. And you said everybody at 100% Thai people drink alcohol (and every day). That is just YOUR environment, boy... Don't be so sad because my environment is not same as yours (maybe because i do not drink too ? you should try...), you should be happy that i'm not in your place to live the same problem, do not be jalouse.

It is not like you said: "around me, i see only people drink too much", but you said "everybody drink alcohol to much at 100%". And because i tell you that it is not what i see around me, you attack me and said i don't know nothing... ho boy... you just loose your credibility on this way.

And the fact is that you judge me without to know my life. You pretend to know better than me my environment... come on baby... how old are you ?

But also, i do not deny your own environment, as you can see, i never tell you that you don't know what's happening around you... if you do not drink and don't like people drink to much, change your environment, there is many places in Thailand where people are not as your environment (but maybe not in the big city, i don't know big city, i don't like big city, i think people become crazy and nervous too much, no human life quality and to much pretentious, most of the people in the city they know better than yourself what is your own life and environment... do you see what i mean ?).

And keep calm, i will never tell you what is your life and pretend that my environment is the only one reality for everybody in the country.

Trust what you want, but do not insult other that don't follow you, there is no respect in this way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jerolamo said:

sure, i contradict your comments and talk about my own life there where i stay far from people who drink alcohol. And you said everybody at 100% Thai people drink alcohol (and every day). That is just YOUR environment, boy... Don't be so sad because my environment is not same as yours (maybe because i do not drink too ? you should try...), you should be happy that i'm not in your place to live the same problem, do not be jalouse.

It is not like you said: "around me, i see only people drink too much", but you said "everybody drink alcohol to much at 100%". And because i tell you that it is not what i see around me, you attack me and said i don't know nothing... ho boy... you just loose your credibility on this way.

And the fact is that you judge me without to know my life. You pretend to know better than me my environment... come on baby... how old are you ?

But also, i do not deny your own environment, as you can see, i never tell you that you don't know what's happening around you... if you do not drink and don't like people drink to much, change your environment, there is many places in Thailand where people are not as your environment (but maybe not in the big city, i don't know big city, i don't like big city, i think people become crazy and nervous too much, no human life quality and to much pretentious, most of the people in the city they know better than yourself what is your own life and environment... do you see what i mean ?).

And keep calm, i will never tell you what is your life and pretend that my environment is the only one reality for everybody in the country.

Trust what you want, but do not insult other that don't follow you, there is no respect in this way.

You never feel ashame of yourself ?

I never said that all Thai drink alcohol, but all those who drink think that it's nothing.

And I am also sure that your perfect people who do not drink also think that it's nothing to drive after drinking, because they are born here and are proud to die as stupid as they are born. But maybe after few more years here you might understand ? Not sure though..

Edited by adexbu

1 hour ago, adexbu said:

I never said that all Thai drink alcohol, but all those who drink think that it's nothing.

And I am also sure that your perfect people who do not drink also think that it's nothing to drive after drinking, because they are born here and are proud to die as stupid as they are born. But maybe after few more years here you might understand ? Not sure though..

I would be shame of myself, for sure, the day i would pretend to know everything, or even if i explain other people what is there life, what they should thinking and if they don't want, that they don't know nothing. (shame to be so insolent and pedant, for sure and in the same time, provide binary thinking...)

You are again sure about stupid and dirty things about the other people that you don't know about (and bad more, you define them to be Thai)... and now about me, you imagine dirty things, and you are sure. (poor boy)

That is your problem, not mine. But maybe if you go to talk about that with a psychologist, you should find an help. And i wish you the best, i can see you feel sad to stay Thailand and for sure, you should have a bad experience. I not said it is your fault, maybe you are not lucky too... but please, think about yourself to feel better, and go to consult a psychologist my friend. It is never to late to take care yourself.

If you don't like Thailand (and i can understand why when i read you), please, don't stay in Thailand, please consider to go to your home, it should be better than your own citizen to support your strong and dirty judgments than to go in foreign countries to have this comportment.

But now you start to moving on a little bit...

Sure, majority of the people who drink to much are thinking it is not a problem (also not a problem to drive after). Same for people who use drug... But not only in Thailand, everywhere, baby... same in Europe, same in Africa, same in South America, same in USA... open your eyes, it is not a race privilege). i think it is the problem of the addiction to deny things evident to find a way to not stop.

Read you back closer, don't lie to yourself and calm down, boy. I hope for you to feel better soon (but same than addict people, it should not happen alone by the grace of God).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, adexbu said:

I would be shame of myself, for sure, the day i would pretend to know everything, or even if i explain other people what is there life, what they should thinking and if they don't want, that they don't know nothing. (shame to be so insolent and pedant, for sure and in the same time, provide binary thinking...)

You are again sure about stupid and dirty things about the other people that you don't know about (and bad more, you define them to be Thai)... and now about me, you imagine dirty things, and you are sure. (poor boy)

That is your problem, not mine. But maybe if you go to talk about that with a psychologist, you should find an help. And i wish you the best, i can see you feel sad to stay Thailand and for sure, you should have a bad experience. I not said it is your fault, maybe you are not lucky too... but please, think about yourself to feel better, and go to consult a psychologist my friend. It is never to late to take care yourself.

If you don't like Thailand (and i can understand why when i read you), please, don't stay in Thailand, please consider to go to your home, it should be better than your own citizen to support your strong and dirty judgments than to go in foreign countries to have this comportment.

Sure, majority of the people who drink to much are thinking it is not a problem (also not a problem to drive after). Same for people who use drug... But not only in Thailand, everywhere, baby... same in Europe, same in Africa, same in South America, same in USA... open your eyes, it is not a race privilege). i think it is the problem of the addiction to deny things evident to find a way to not stop.

Read you back closer, don't lie to yourself and calm down, boy. I hope for you to feel better soon (but same than addict people, it should not happen alone by the grace of God).

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, jerolamo said:

Don't worry, very calm, I smoke weed all day, but you should accept when someone jus tells you the truth !

30000 people die on roads yearly and you still believe that people here know something, you must be a real clown.

When did I say that I don't like Thailand ? I just said that I know Thailand and Thai better than you, which is perfectly clear for anybody reading the <deleted> that you type.

Keep dreaming about Thailand and people but be careful, you might get hit badly when you land...

Don't try to teach me anything that you do not know, I own businesses and have Thai partner and staff since more than 20 years, so please come again when you will have half of my experience here ! Funny boy !

Edited by adexbu

6 hours ago, adexbu said:

Don't worry, very calm, I smoke weed all day, but you should accept when someone jus tells you the truth !

30000 people die on roads yearly and you still believe that people here know something, you must be a real clown.

When did I say that I don't like Thailand ? I just said that I know Thailand and Thai better than you, which is perfectly clear for anybody reading the <deleted> that you type.

Keep dreaming about Thailand and people but be careful, you might get hit badly when you land...

Don't try to teach me anything that you do not know, I own businesses and have Thai partner and staff since more than 20 years, so please come again when you will have half of my experience here ! Funny boy !

I'm very happy to see that someone who smoke weed everyday pretend to know the true... it is exactly what i was thinking about you after to read your comments.

You know everything and smoke weed so much... it is sure, perfectly clear (in your brain, but also for people who read your comments, they are not thinking the same, but it is sure...).

I do not dream, i do not smoke too, and i am very careful: first, i never stay with some smoker like you, because it is illegal (and you should better take care to not finish in the jail in Thailand... how funny YOU, the smoker, tell me to take care... very funny, you don't know how funny it is), and also because your comments are the one off weed's smokers but with more pretentious positions enforced. Second, i don't have binary mind thinking as you, so i think i can see more colored world (without drug used).

I really don't want to have your same experience to sale weed and make business with people you don't trust and love. And thank you again to explain me exactly why you are in a middle where no one can be trust and why you are thinking like this. I'm sure understand how and why you are thinking this way.

And do not cry if one day you fall down (with a bad act from... your partners in business). 20 year of this experience... sure, it is not for me, i don't want your life, i do everything for stay far from people like you.