NORDVPN problems

doctormann

NORDVPN seems to be broken today, for me anyway.

I use it as a browser extension on Chrome an Brave and it usually works very well.  Today, when I click the extension icon it wants me to sign in.  This does happen sometimes.  OK, I sign in with my usual credentials and it tells me that I have logged in successfully.  Now click the icon and it wants me to sign in again - rinse and repeat!  I have tried reinstalling but that didn't help.

There was a Linux kernel update yesterday and I wondered if that might be the cause - seems unlikely.  Anyway, I reverted the kernel, to no effect.

I have messaged NORD but no response yet.

Anyone having similar problems?

43 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Anyone having similar problems?

Yes, similar with the PC desktop software (everything is an "app" today) on Windows.

With one of the latest updates they took the login procedure to the default browser, no more login possible directly at the app.
I did the unsuccessful cycle a couple of times.
My standard browser is Firefox and the problem was related to a certain add-on that blocked the start of the "app" from the browser.
Allowing fixed the problem.

It's annoying to introduce such major shift with a simple update.

Don't know whether this helps as I have not seen how it works on Linux.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Working fine for me using any of the servers even the obfuscated ones.  Might be your internet provider having an issue unto it's own programming or who knows.  Works fine when I use my Brave Browser, Linux, or if I jump back to a regular Google Chrome browser.  My Nord VPN program did do an update two days ago

image.png.faefdf055dda9591160059633397c3c6.png 

Something very odd going on.

It looks as though the problem is just with my desktop machine.  

Checking things on my laptop I seem to be able to login to NORD using Chrome, Brave or Firefox.

Further checking indicates that I can get it to work on my desktop, using Firefox, also with Brave, after a bit of a fight, but still no joy with Chrome.  I'm suspecting that a Chrome update has gone wrong.  Never mind, there's sure to be another one along before too long.

Thanks for the helpful comments.