Visa Renewal

Hi everybody,

Let me first tell you that i am quite new at this topic, so pardon me if my question(s) sounds little bit strange... ; Here we go :

In 2 months my Multiple Non Immigr O visa will expire ; I was for a long time married to a Thai girl, but last year we divorced, so i cannot get the O visa anymore...

Now i want to apply for a Multiple Non Immigr B visa as a patriot of mine offered me a job for.... 80% ; I mean it's not for 100% sure i will get the job, this i will know for sure in about 3 - 4 months... With other words : NO work permit yet.....

But he wants to help me where he can : He wants to provide me with a recommendation letter wherein he will explain that i can work for his company in Thailand.

So, here is my question : Can i apply for that kind of visa WITHOUT a work permit in one or another Thai consulate abroad ?

If YES, can somebody recommend me where to apply for that Multiple Non Immigr B visa (nearby) ? Asian countries or best thing to go to Australia ?

Looking out for some worthfull suggestions.... Thanks in advance !

Robin

KL will probably be your best bet. You will be applicable letter and docs.

They will give you a single entry 90day b visa. When back in Thailand you can apply for a WP with your B-visa.

With WP in hand you can return to KL and apply for a one year B-visa.

Run a search of this forum as there are numerous tips on visiting KL.

KL will probably be your best bet. You will be applicable letter and docs.

They will give you a single entry 90day b visa. When back in Thailand you can apply for a WP with your B-visa.

With WP in hand you can return to KL and apply for a one year B-visa.

Run a search of this forum as there are numerous tips on visiting KL.

Thanks for the information Mr Earl !

Any more people with suggestions please ? Thanks in advance

Robin

"When back in Thailand you can apply for a WP with your B-visa.

With WP in hand you can return to KL and apply for a one year B-visa."

Help me out here. With a B and a WP, why go to KL? Wouldn't it make more sense to go to an immigration office and get an extension on the B? Am I missing something here?

Help me out here. With a B and a WP, why go to KL? Wouldn't it make more sense to go to an immigration office and get an extension on the B? Am I missing something here?

what happens if you get the non-B visa but do not apply for a WP straight away?

what happens if you get the non-B visa but do not apply for a WP straight away?

Thanks guys !

But my main concern still remains : Can i get the non-B visa abroad WITHOUT showing a WP ? i can only provide a recommendation letter.....

A surplus question : is Penang not the right place anymore to apply for these things ? Thanks for any information !

Of course you can get the non-B without a work permit, the work permit comes AFTER gettting a non-B.

So you get a non-B visa and come to Thailand and do not apply for a WP, what happens next? is there a time limit to apply for a WP?

Of course you can get the non-B without a work permit, the work permit comes AFTER gettting a non-B.

So you get a non-B visa and come to Thailand and do not apply for a WP, what happens next? is there a time limit to apply for a WP?

Next apply for WP. Time limit is dependent on your Non B expiry period (single/multiple) WP can be processed in 10 days +.

KD :o

Next apply for WP. Time limit is dependent on your Non B expiry period (single/multiple) WP can be processed in 10 days +.

KD :o

To everybody who send advice : MANY THANKS ! !

As i told you before, this is all new for me..... Much Appreciated !!

Maybe one last question ? Which place in Asia (or Australia ? ) is recommended for applying for this non B visa ? THANKS !