Outside waiting facilities - under a tent - set up at Muang Thong immigration center

webfact

8pm.jpg
Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na reported that Region 1 immigration were concerned for the welfare of people contacting immigration at the Muang Thong Thani temporary center.

So they have set up social distanced chairs under a tent outside. 

This was part of policies from the top - IB chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang - to take care of people with immigration business. 

The center was set up last year to alleviate overcrowding at the main Chaeng Wattana immigration center a few kilometers away.

It handles a limited number of immigration matters. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-18

• Like 1

There are two facilities at MTT - one for 90 day reports has a parking area waiting area on 2nd floor.  Expect reported is the other building for tourist visa extensions due covid.  They had same type of tent setups when they first opened last year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Huh?

I was as MTT today and didn't see any tent. The waiting area was at the 2nd floor parking garage.

I was there yesterday.  The tent is just outside the building entrance in front of the door.  You almost surely walked right through it when entering & exiting the building and perhaps didn't notice.  When I was there it appeared those sitting under the tent were perhaps drivers or others waiting for people inside to finish their business.

The waiting area for people queueing while waiting for Immigration service is on the 2nd floor parking garage, as you say.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 2:37 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

Huh?

I was as MTT today and didn't see any tent. The waiting area was at the 2nd floor parking garage.

20210318_093319.jpg

When I was there last week, the upper level of that area had a great breeze going through it.  Away from the crowd as well.