space

Meat Pie 47

1 minute ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I do type normally I don't add anything

Your initial post in this thread has a carriage return after "posting". If this is happening elsewhere, please provide a link so I can have a look to see if I can figure out what's happening. 

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

Your initial post in this thread has a carriage return after "posting". If this is happening elsewhere, please provide a link so I can have a look to see if I can figure out what's happening. 

I don't know what a carriage returns means but every time I post some thing this happen 

So how can I stop it?

5 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I don't know what a carriage returns means

Hitting the enter key (from the good old days of typewriters where you hit the key to return the "carriage" back to the left hand side when you reached the right hand side of the paper). 

There's a couple of posters that still do it when they reach the right hand side while typing and it's a pain in the proverbial; it just wastes space/requires extra scrolling. No need to, they should just keep typing and let the site style sheet take care of it.

Edited by Salerno
Typo

3 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Hitting the enter key (from the good old days of typewriters where you hit the key to return the "carriage" back to the left hand side when you reached the right hand side of the paper). 

There's a couple of posters that still do it and it's a pain in the proverbial as it just wastes space. No need to, they should just keep typing and let the site style sheet take care of it.

Well on my key pad the enter button is right at the right hand side

and I am sure I never touch it

Try typing something , even a single letter, until you get to the end of the conversation box you will see the it will automatically return to the next line without a space,. Like it just happened . But if you wanted to start another line without reaching the end of  the conversation box like this,

Then it skips a like when you press the enter key . I know it is a a pain in the ass                                             I Guess you can press the "space" key until you get to the end of the conversation box  like I just did above .

Formatting a conversation just became more difficult , I wish they would change it back the way it was. I hope Space is not the final frontier, LOL

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

If you do get unwanted

line spaces like this.

You can remove them by placing the cursor at the beginning of the second line and hitting "backspace" followed by "space". To get this:-

If you do get unwanted line spaces like this.

I like whitespace between paragraphs (I put CRs in if not created automagically) it makes the text easier to read.

3 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Well on my key pad the enter button is right at the right hand side

and I am sure I never touch it

My keyboard has two "enter" keys, one on the keypad, far right, and one at the right hand end of the centre row of letters (asdfg.... etc.) are you hitting that one?

It might be labelled "return" or have a return-icon-vector-isolated-white-background-logo-concept-return-sign-transparent-background-filled-black-symbol-return-125780868.jpg.6a2dbed3766589b7f793d15608a8ca5d.jpg symbol.