Internet and Immigration

HermosaBeachGuy

So, I'm planning to return to Thailand in May after having the stupid idea in Nov. 2019 that I'd enjoy returning to the US to live... 

Anyway, I'm narrowed down to BKK, Pattaya and Phuket for final destinations.  Each has pros and cons. 

The biggest con for Bangkok is the immigration hassle.  Cheng Watana is a HUGE pain in the ass.  The one year I did my retirement visa in Jomtien, it was SO easy... 

So, How's the immigration situation in Phuket?  I really know nothing.  Are they "reasonable"?  Is the 90 day relatively close and convenient?

Also, is there reliable fast internet available in most condos now?  I did a Google search, and saw some ads with 15 mb/s as the available speed.  This would be a deal breaker for me, as I'm prepared to give up the 400 mb/s I have here, but even in old condos in BKK you can get 50 mb/s.

Any info is much appreciated. 

phuket immigration is very good,

they allow 90 day reports online,  they also have a drive in window

if you live anywhere on phuket island ur never more than 1 hour ( an that would be if ur at the very top of the island) from immigration

I pay 650 baht for 200 mbs up an down on ais   BBB offer 1 gig nowadays

• Like 2

Phuket Immigration is quite efficient especially now that Phuket has less foreigners these days.

3BB offer fast internet packages, I pay 650 baht for 200 Megs and their service is excellent. Call in problem morning, engineer on it by afternoon. And I pay month bill over internet.

• Like 1