PET-C scanner test in Bangkok

Daniel55

Hello,

Actually every year I should make PET-C scanner test, but last year and this year I cannot do it in my home country because of Covid paranoia (in many countries doctors don't want to see other diseases, only covid). Anyway, I checked before about this test in Bangkok, but in private hospitals it is very expensive (3,000 $ or more). So my question is- is it possible to do this test if I have Social Security, here in Bangkok, Thailand?  And the second question- do you know some insurance company which could give me assurance policy to make PET-C scanner test? 

I don't hide it is very important thing for me, so I will be grateful for answers. 

Kind regards,

Daniel

A PET-CT scan? The machines are not common. I would expect an oncology specialty hospital might have one. They are charging 100,000 baht? That sounds pretty high. The only one I had was about 4000 baht in China but no help.

I would be interested to know if you find one, I would like a scan too.

6 hours ago, Daniel55 said:

...I checked before about this test in Bangkok, but in private hospitals it is very expensive...

Have you checked with Siriraj hospital?https://www2.si.mahidol.ac.th/en/radiology/contact/

It is a government hospital, attached to Mahidol university, but it has a private section with English-speaking staff.

Edited by Puccini
updated link