PM hastens Bang Kloi land conflict remedy

rooster59

Paphamon Arayasukawat

1b8f4efefb09603e863fa700e269fefd_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Prime Minister revealed today that in a few months a solution to the Bang Kloi land conflict will be reached, especially a solution to assigning agricultural land to locals.

General Prayut Chan-O-Cha, assured all parties to the conflict in a PM PODCAST online radio program, that a solution to the Bang Kloi land dispute will be announced in a few months.

According to the PM, he recently signed an agreement to establish a committee to be responsible for solving problems that include well-being, land for agriculture, and lawsuits related to Karen villagers in Bang Kloi in Phetchaburi province.

One thing that has to be solved as soon as possible is the conflict over agricultural land, because currently villagers can no longer attend to their crops as land use has been halted for over a month already.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-03-21

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Yes Prayut reckons a solution will be announced in a few months, kick the Karen people out, end of story, no way will the Karen peoples interests be taken into account.

There's a phrase regarding lawyers in court: 'Never ask a witness a question unless you already know the answer.'

The same principle must apply here too: 'Never form a committee unless you know you can control the outcome.'

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The Prime Minister revealed today that in a few months a solution to the Bang Kloi land conflict will be reached

Tell me why, it takes a few months to review the past history and rectify it, Again?  To much double speak by the PM and trying to save his views. From what I understand the Prior benevolent individual granted access to Hill tribes and Karen indigenous villagers to farm land that was in the national Forest land as royal forest projects, but then I may completely wrong in this case.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Tell me why, it takes a few months to review the past history and rectify it, Again?  To much double speak by the PM and trying to save his views. From what I understand the Prior benevolent individual granted access to Hill tribes and Karen indigenous villagers to farm land that was in the national Forest land as royal forest projects, but then I may completely wrong in this case.

He who must be obeyed has already stated, a number of times, that the Karen will NOT be returning to the forest.

The committee is there to justify his decision and try and work out where to fob them off to next.

The land at their last 'resettlement' was not sustaining them, which is why they returned to the forest.