Burn season/air filter

Aspaltso

I am a chronic sufferer of tonsillitis, and I made a plan back in November to move to Southern Thailand to avoid another season of burning in central Thailand. The circumstances, i.e(job, income) didn't allow me to go through with my move to southern Thailand, and I bought an air filter to try and avoid the negative aspects of the burning. Well, it seems that I've done pretty well. 0 tonsil infections which is a first in the last two years. I think the air filter is directly responsible for this change as it cleans out the PM levels in my indoor environment, and I don't have the <deleted> that builds up at the back of my throat after being exposed to air pollution over a period of time. Advice: invest in an air filter if you live in an area of Thailand where the burning season, or air pollution outside are a risk to health.

Edited by Aspaltso
grammar
  • Like 1

Where is this air filter positioned, in the room you are in? Do you move it around. 

Tonsillitus is a virus infection like Covid, nothing to do with PM2.5 particles.

But if your filter works for you..............great.

50 minutes ago, Aspaltso said:

Advice: invest in an air filter if you live in an area of Thailand where the burning season, or air pollution outside are a risk to health.

I can have Asthma problems not really so much from burning but because of dust in the air in the long dry times and no rain.

So details please make type etc.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Where is this air filter positioned, in the room you are in? Do you move it around. 

Tonsillitus is a virus infection like Covid, nothing to do with PM2.5 particles.

But if your filter works for you..............great.

I position it in my living room where I am most of the time. As I understand tonsillitis its a condition that can be caused from a virus, i.e cold, flu, or bacteria i.e air pollution that inflame, and infect the tonsils.

Edited by Aspaltso
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I can have Asthma problems not really so much from burning but because of dust in the air in the long dry times and no rain.

So details please make type etc.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i366822767-s4636658475.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

I have 2 of these, this one is really good & it has a 1 year warranty, not the 1 week that you see listed. Enjoy. ????

• Like 2

13 hours ago, michael888 said:

"if you live in an area of Thailand....."  It's the WHOLE country, for SIX months a year now.  Thsi place is ruined. 

Yes, its gotten worse every year, but it seems there's one region of Thailand that's free of the smoke unless there's lots of fires from Indonesia which usually happens in an El Nino year; which it's not this year. That area is from around Surat down to Songkla, and of course the 3 muslim provinces. I've been down that way, and its hot, and humid, but not much air pollution, and pleasant for aa few months. Very different region of Thailand, and good to experience if someone has never been down there.

• Like 1