Telephone Number For Dr Tawetchi Or Loi Kroh Clinic:

JuniorExPat

Long story short:

Last Friday I thought I had food poisoning, on Monday CM Ram diagnosed dysentery (shigella) prescribed antibiotics (7 days), anti-diarrhea, electrolyte replacement and anti-spasmodic but today I am nearly 7kgs lighter and still in a close relationship with my porcelain.

A friend has told me to get down to Dr Tawetchi (far from the first time I have heard this guy highly recommended) as in his opinion this should have been cleared up with a couple of pills in about 24 hours.

Bottom (haha) line, I cannot wait at a clinic for any length of time at the risk of separation anxiety arising from being more than 10 metres away from my new porcelain partner so I want to call up to either get some advice or make an exact appointment.

The telephone number for Dr Tawetchi and/or his clinic on Loi Kroh is what I really want and will be really appreciative of but any wisdom from the knowledgeable or experienced on this subject will also be welcomed.

Thanks,

JxP

I came down with Ameobic Dysentry in Nepal, some 20 years ago. It took a lot longer that 24 hours to claer it up. No doubt there have been some good advances in Medicine over the last 20 years, but you may find it will take a lot longer to clear up than your friend suggets, Good luck to you and hope you get your health back soon.

Can you please recommend the restaurant or food stall that you ate at as I deffinately need to loose 7Kg .

A dieters dream , loosing 7KG in less than a week.

Check your wallet as well , I am sure that after a Farang visit to the Ram it will also have lost alot of weight :o

Hi,

I worked with UNHCR in Sudan during the Ethiopian Emergency in the mid-eighties. Our refugees and staff were continually plagued with ameobic dysentry. On my rounds throughout 5 separate camps and 150,00 refugees I was always looking ahead for the next depression in the sand dunes...no porcelain here, nor leaves. ( The Sudanese and the refugees used flat pebbles, widely available in the sand, in lieu of non-existent leaves or tissue. If your so inclined sometime to experiment, it takes a certain mastery of manipulation: besides that, the pebbles are darn hot.

Our saviour was the drug "Flagyl"; 1-2 tablets and you were safely on your way for another couple of weeks: 'medication metronidazole (Flagyl) an antibiotic drug used against anaerobic bacteria and certain parasites like giardia and ameba'.

See: www.medicinenet.com/metronidazole/article.htm

BTW; if, as you say you have lost 7 lbs, then most of that loss is likely water. Water is crucial to your life. Amoeba eat tiny holes in the walls of your intestine and your bodily fluids seep thru...no, not those bodily fluids... thus the liquified waste you are expending: best get a few envelopes of electrolyte( aval at all pharmacies flavoured in lemon and orange), mix with water; and also drink plenty of plain water too. In Africa many mothers lost their children by depriving them of crucial water in the mistaken belief that their bowel movement would thereby dry up...wrong!... the body itself dries up and dies.

In a NATO tank unit defending against the Russian hordes way back when, we used to eat lots of cheese to bung us up until we could safely exit our tank crew positions to attend to nature's call. In your case I'd stick to Flagyl for now. Best hurry, and good luck.

Once this does the job go see a competent physician at any village clinic they attend to dysentry routinely... The Hang Dong hospital is handy, seldom crowded and cheap. The Special Clinic near the 14th floor of the Suandok Mahraj Hospital is excellent, covered by Blue Cross unlike Ram, inexpensive, short wait times, and uses essentially the same doctors as Ram. Chokdii

:o

Hey JuniorExPat,

Someone named tango just posted (mistakenly I believe) on the "Another mosquito thread" with some excellent advice re: your probable dysentery. See post #29.... :o

EDIT: Post moved to this thread. Please see above.

p1p

tango, I think you meant to post this in response to JuniorExPat's thread re: request for Loi Kroh Clinic, etc. I already posted for him to check out your comments on this thread.

BTW, excellent advice, if that is what he has. Flagyl works great, but it is a little hard on some people's system, particularly the liver. I took it in Afghanistan several times to treat dysentery. And I know all about the flat pebbles, too... :o

Edited by mcgriffith

tango, I think you meant to post this in response to JuniorExPat's thread re: request for Loi Kroh Clinic, etc. I already posted for him to check out your comments on this thread.

BTW, excellent advice, if that is what he has. Flagyl works great, but it is a little hard on some people's system, particularly the liver. I took it in Afghanistan several times to treat dysentery. And I know all about the flat pebbles, too... :D

Thanks McG; You are correct. Somehow I posted to the wrong site... was a bit tired. Thanks for your quick response. While sleeping last night and most of the day I had this gnawing feeling I posted to the wrong site. Was just about to correct when I saw your message. Thanks again! :o