Where Do All The "old" Bikes Go ?

Been looking for a LS 125 recently, only need the back sub-frame and panels as I am modifying another bike. I would order it but the subframe is welded on the main frame so not sure how that works regarding ordering

Anyway have noticed that not many shops stock used bikes or parts.

Anyone know where do all these older and crashed bikes end up as most of the bikes around are less than 3-4 years old.

Back in Europe you have breaker yards where you can go for a browse. Any such places in pattaya.?

thx

Crashed bikes probably get rebuilt; I mean the labour is cheap. Knowing Thais, you can probably get this subframe rebuilt somewhere. Buying spare parts like this from Honda is pricy. My GFs Suzuki Smash has an aluminium rear arm (the thing the rear wheel is bolted to); that obviously isnt original, so you must be able to get this type of work done somewhere.

I have seen two LS125s for sale in Bangkok in the last couple of days if u are interested. One up Ladprao soi 41 and another down Interrama. Basically they are put outside bike repair shops with 'for sale' in Thai (I can read that much Thai). I did a search on mocyc.com; they seem to go for about 12-15K baht. My experience of these bike shops is that the price is high, so better buying them private.

A Thai friend told me where the scrap yards are in Bangkok; I forgot where they are, I will ask him again.

Edited by MaiChai