Thai consulate in Savanakhet

Is the Thai consulate in Savanakhet open for O visa applications? What hours.

With covid restrictions is it possible to travel to Savanakhet by land or air?

What documents are required to enter Laos?

Is there a quarantin

What documents are required for O marriage application.

What is required for return to Thailand

I would appreciate any information as to whether this is still possible and how to do it?  Thank you.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, mhortig said:

HI UBONJOE. Thanks for reply.  I currently have an O-A visa for marriage. I have a Thai wife. Because of my age and health I probably can not get health insurance, so I'm looking at options.

I have replied to the other topic. You apparently have a extension of stay based upon retirement.

A OA visa is only issued for retirement.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have replied to the other topic. You apparently have a extension of stay based upon retirement.

A OA visa is only issued for retirement.

Can you clarify something for me please I'm confused or maybe not.

Agree OA is issued only for retirement. His first extension of stay would also be retirement, but can his subsequent extensions be based on marriage?

7 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Can you clarify something for me please I'm confused or maybe not.

Agree OA is issued only for retirement. His first extension of stay would also be retirement, but can his subsequent extensions be based on marriage?

Yes

5 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Yes but apparently they are based upon retirement. In his other topic he mentions paying for insurance and I suggested applying for a extension based upon marriage.

24 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

but can his subsequent extensions be based on marriage?

I think that the OP is confused or unaware of the option that you refer to.

Since he is married he can obtain his extension based on that and would NOT require insurance. 

Pure guess is that someone has been in his ear regarding insurance since his entry at some point was with non O-A telling him subsequent extensions require insurance. That's only the case if the extension is based on retirement.

If he bases extension on marriage then he would not require insurance.

Also he may not be aware of insurance options.

The OP, needs to join some dots.

Prior to covid there were folk that had a non O-A and had been doing extensions based on retirement. When insurance requirement was introduced some were exiting Thailand without reentry permit thereby killing off their non O-A reenter visa exempt and obtain new non O at immigration as extensions to non o based on retirement does not require insurance.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2021 at 10:15 AM, DrJack54 said:

Since he is married he can obtain his extension based on that and would NOT require insurance. 

Provided that his office is not one of those rogue ones who are insisting on original non-OA visa holders going out for fresh non-O visas before they can switch to marriage from retirement as their extension of stay reason. Wonder whether that possibility might lie behind his OP?

@mhortig - which is your local immigration office, and have you yet approached them on this matter?

• Like 1