Harry Connick Jr. releases pandemic-produced album, 'Alone With My Faith'

rooster59

2021-03-24T211511Z_1_LYNXMPEH2N1YA_RTROPTP_4_MUSIC-HARRY-CONNICK.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Entertainer Harry Connick Jr. speaks during his Hollywood Walk of Fame star ceremony in Los Angeles, California, U.S., October 24, 2019. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok/File Photo

(Reuters) - Jazz musician Harry Connick Jr. is showcasing a spiritual side with his new album, "Alone With My Faith."

Connick Jr. created the album in his home studio during the pandemic, playing all the instruments, recording all background vocals and doing the engineering. The singer said the process acted as therapy during uncertain times.

"This was a case where the music itself was actually helping me get through this time, and that's really rare," he said.

The New Orleans native described the 13-track project as a mix of Christian and faith-based songs intended for those who need help accessing their faith to get them through the last year.

Connick said the album, released earlier this month, is an honest look at how most people navigated life during quarantine.

"This is a really truthful look at what I, and I think a lot of other people who might listen to it, are going through and just, just went through," he said.

(Reporting by Alicia Powell; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-03-27

Yeah amazing isnt it . I am blown away by the amount of them playing international sports .Regularly seen antics of many English football players and Rugby League players in Australia too.  Pointing to the sky and blessing something that you cant see ,feel, touch, smell, ring, celebrate or converse with.