7 or 10?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It is 14 or maybe 10 days dependent on where you are traveling from. There is no 7 days yet.

I haven't seen a list of Counties as yet that will only be subject to 10 days quarantine as from April 1st.

Have you seen anything published as yet Joe?

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Have you seen anything published as yet Joe?

Not yet.

But Poland is not on the list for the 10 days. Found this on the embassy website.

image.png.da803e8541b68c713131b4b94125636a.png

https://warsaw.thaiembassy.org/en/page/entry-requirements-covid-19?menu=5fac82c913121a5ed249a042

I think there are many countries that will not get the 10 days. Maybe that is why the London embassy website only mentions the no fit to fly certificate part of the announcement.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think there are many countries that will not get the 10 days. Maybe that is why the London embassy website only mentions the no fit to fly certificate part of the announcement.

I guess as usual the Thai Ministry of Health will publish something at the 11th hour.

The above video only names 11 Countries as still being required to do 15 days quarantine, all African, but surprisingly no mention of India or Brazil. No idea where she got the information from.

Typical inconsistent information.

update;

The Ministry of Public Health has just released the names of 11 countries with COVID mutations from where people will still have to do 14-day quarantine on arrival in #Thailand. From 1 April, quarantine period for other countries will be reduced to 10 days, though with some conditions.
People coming from the following 11 countries will still have to do 14-day quarantine after 1st April: South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Zambia, Kenya, Rwanda, Camaroon, Congo, Ghana and Tanzania. The list will be updated every two weeks.

7 minutes ago, gt162 said:

checklist_EN-3-1024x731.jpg

Every one of quarantine periods listed is shown "at least" that could mean 10 days will really be 14, and 7 days will really be 10, and could easily be achieved by the simple expedient of delaying the 1st test + appropriate period between tests hence 2nd test will not be until after minimum quarantine days.

Not saying that is what will happen, but at the daily cost of the quarantine hotels, some unscrupulous places are bound to try it on.

Also changes to country status could mean between arrival at hotel and departure the length of stay may be increased.

The friend, whom I posted on behalf of, received correspondence from his booked ASQ hotel yesterday confirming his period of quarantine has been reduced to 10 days/11 nights and as such were refunding the difference.

They haven't changed his receipt though, telling him to use the existing confirmation of booking for his COE.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The friend, whom I posted on behalf of, received correspondence from his booked ASQ hotel yesterday confirming his period of quarantine has been reduced to 10 days/11 nights and as such were refunding the difference.

They haven't changed his receipt though, telling him to use the existing confirmation of booking for his COE.

Somebody extremely pro-active, unusual for Thailand, would guess this ASQ is part of a major hotel chain.

1 minute ago, foreverlomsak said:

Somebody extremely pro-active, unusual for Thailand, would guess this ASQ is part of a major hotel chain.

As I understand, the Ministry of Health and representatives of the ASQ hotels were supposed to be having a meeting on March 30th. I guess the ASQ hotels are more informed than the general populous of which requirements apply to which nationalities.

Hotels need official confirmation to offer 7 day ASQ.  Different government departments involved.  Then the hotels prepare the "package."  That means a few more days for the hotels to catch up to the law.

On 3/28/2021 at 3:27 AM, ubonjoe said:

It is 14 or maybe 10 days dependent on where you are traveling from. There is no 7 days yet.

Any idea why some ASQ hotels might be listing 7 day prices, eg these ones?

I got seven just now, seems too many to just be a misunderstanding...

Edited by onebir

37 minutes ago, onebir said:

Any idea why some ASQ hotels might be listing 7 day prices, eg these ones?

The made the decision for them after I wrote my post. The are allowed now if you have been vaccinated more than 14 days before you apply for your certificate of entry.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The made the decision for them after I wrote my post. The are allowed now if you have been vaccinated more than 14 days before you apply for your certificate of entry.

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying!