Registration book for new car that I bought. Red plate to white plate question.

jack71

I bought a new car over 3 months ago and paid cash. Finally the dealer has posted me some documents and I presume I can take this to the car dept and get the car registration book (green color? Cant remember). Can I assume correctly that they will issue it. I thought that the dealer would send it with the documents. 

Does the 'production year' or the 'model year' go in that booklet? I bought mine in dec 2020 but the model year on the contract and the docs says 2021. Im hoping its the 2021 date which is slightly better for re-sale purposes. 

What else do I need to take to the car dept?

thanks

they should have the plates when they are issued, you should have the optional insurance already, the date of registration will be when the plates are issued, the date of manufactor will be last year

Usually the dealer does the registration, wasn't the handling of the registration process included when you bought it?

To register it you need something to proof your address (like for example certificate of residence from immigration, a house book with your name in it, a work permit with an address on it), your passport (copies), and the documents you got from the dealer. You have to buy compulsory insurance, pay the fees to register the car, and should then get the blue book (green is for motorbikes) and the white plates.

Edited by jackdd