Want to buy 2nd hand Corolla - any recommended dealers?

Just now, Kwasaki said:

Best to say what area of Thailand you live.

Surat Thani province but saw nothing suitable at the local dealers, so was thinking best to buy up in Bkk? Of course would be much easier to buy locally if the right car was available. Wondering what would happen with the normal 1yr or 10k km warranty the big dealers in Bkk give if we took the car down south, guessing it would not be covered at all?

Altis will retain a high resale value as they are the preferred model for taxi in Bkk.. so, not sure how much value you might get 2nd hand.. my Altis was great but by the time I sold it, it was a mess... and i still got a surprisingly high price for it from a dealer...

My wife will tell you - if a used car/anything really has value, it will go to a family member.. if it is a total mess, it will be sold 2nd hand.. 

good luck. best path might be to try and find a farang w/o family selling... and surely, buyer beware. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Surat Thani province but saw nothing suitable at the local dealers, so was thinking best to buy up in Bkk? Of course would be much easier to buy locally if the right car was available. Wondering what would happen with the normal 1yr or 10k km warranty the big dealers in Bkk give if we took the car down south, guessing it would not be covered at all?

Have you looked on-line there are many ads from dealers and private owners.

Start with Bahtsold and google for others would be my advice.

Toyota Sure deals in secondhand cars not cheap but I would say if they have what you want it will be a good vehicle.

Consider a Honda City if you cannot find what you want.

https://www.one2car.com/en/dealer/toyotasureforyou

• Like 1

Can the radio unit on this era model be replaced easily with some android screen that has the google map app? 

Considering the super high 2nd hand value it almost makes sense buying a brand new one, in fact if we had a garage to shelter it from the sun I would do just that today. But it seems vandalism to buy a lovely new car and leave it to bake out in the sun.

gallery_used-car-one2car-toyota-corolla-altis-g-sedan-thailand_1187d884015a51caa6548f1df3b2c687_1Pg6D7CFHBEZyIYI1f9ocs_000009987837_76a76ba8_88b3_4e6a_b93d_a4b7e05eabf7.jpg

I doubt very much you will find a used corolla less than ten years old for 100K. 

Cars do much better in the sun today than they used to, but you could always put up a carport. 

I'm pretty sure you can get the android, but best to go to a car stereo shop and have a look at what they have to offer.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

we are looking for a 2015 or later Corolla Altis in white with beige trim with under 100k.

Doubt you will find a 2005 for that money - but a 2015 - never.

One that is worth buying anyway

• Like 1

16 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Doubt you will find a 2005 for that money - but a 2015 - never.

One that is worth buying anyway

under 100k is referring to kilometers. Budget, well I don't have one - happy to pay fair market value. If there really is nothing suitable 2nd hand, which would be incredible, then I will buy a new one.

Edited by SunnyinBangrak

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

under 100k is referring to kilometers. Budget, well I don't have one - happy to pay fair market value. If there really is nothing suitable 2nd hand, which would be incredible, then I will buy a new one.

You might google Motto Auto Auction, you can have a look at there stock. 

I doubt you will find a bargain on a Corolla, with what you will likely have to pay, buying used may not make much sense. 

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

You might google Motto Auto Auction, you can have a look at there stock. 

That was an eye opener, all those wrecks that will be repaired and sold off to unsuspecting punters. More reason to buy a new one. It's just the 2015 era Corolla has a dashboard design in the cream trim that reminds me of the best car I ever had, an 80s Cadillac that floated down the road like the proverbial magic carpet. The new ones do not have the same parallel lines on the dash. Nostalgia is as good a reason as any to choose a car!

Edited by SunnyinBangrak

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

That was an eye opener, all those wrecks that will be repaired and sold off to unsuspecting punters. More reason to buy a new one. It's just the 2015 era Corolla has a dashboard design in the cream trim that reminds me of the best car I ever had, an 80s Cadillac that floated down the road like the proverbial magic carpet. The new ones do not have the same parallel lines on the dash. Nostalgia is as good a reason as any to choose a car!

Nicest car I ever had was a '72 Buick Centurion dark red metallic, white interior and white vinyl top. 455 big block. That was bad-ash ride. Had to get rid of it after too many speeding tickets.