Charles Schwab (Q's).

Hi.

I have read on this forum members using Charles Schwab card for ATM withdrawal in Thailand to get rebate on incurred ATM Fees.

Have a few question to ask before deciding to open up a CS checking account.

1. CS states: your account will be linked to a One Brokerage Account Does this OB account requires funding by you?

2. To get your refund on ATM fees, are you required to send a “request ATM rebate” form or is your checking account automatically refunded the ATM fee on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.

3. The only fee you are not refunded is the ATM Owners fee, correct?

4 Once I open a CS checking account, will I be mailed a CS Debit Card?

5. Since CS does not have a physical banking office, what transfer options do you use supplement your checking acct with funds?

Thanks.

TC.

Guest TerryS123

I have been using cs for about 5 years.  I have spent a few years in Europe and 3 trips to Thailand. 

Every atm fee I have ever gotten anywhere in the world has been fully reimbursed.  There is nothing you need to do. It is automatic. They do create a brokerage account but you do not need to keep a balance in it. They send an atm card after you create an account.  I use online check deposits and links to other checking accounts.  If I need to do banking I usually do it at another bank and then online transfer to cs.