COVID-19 in Khon Kaen: Two doctors test positive

webfact

564000003294501.jpg

Picture: Manager

Two doctors who work at Khon Kaen University's Srinagarind Hospital have tested positive for COVID-19, health officials confirmed on Sunday.

The two male doctors work in the surgery department and had both recently visited a concert in Khon Kaen.

One of the doctors had visited a local department store and restaurant before returning to work where he was in contact with other doctors, staff and patients, Manager reported. 

The other doctor had recently travelled to Bangkok and also been in contact with other doctors, staff and patients.

Meanwhile Srinagarind Hospital has announced that services had been scaled back due to several doctors and staff now having to isolate having been in contact with the infected doctors.

Non-urgent surgery would be postponed, while priority would be given to emergency cases.

COVID-19 screening measures at the hospital have also been stepped up.

Anyone who has visited the surgery department  at Srinagarind Hospital between March 22 and 2 April is urged to take a COVID-19 test.

Despite the cases, Jaruek Laoprasert, the Khon Kaen deputy governor said the situation was under control and also said that planned Songkran events can still go ahead, providing they follow the rules stated by the Ministry of Public Health - such as no large gatherings or water throwing. 

An investigation will also be launched into the holding of the concert which the two doctors attended to ensure that COVID-19 protocols were followed. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-05

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

An investigation will also be launched into the holding of the concert which the two doctors attended to ensure that COVID-19 protocols were followed. 

Obviously not.

COVID-19 screening measures at the hospital have also been stepped up.

2 temperature checks?

both recently visited a concert in Khon Kaen.

Khon Kaen deputy governor said the situation was under control

Of course , What was he supposed to say ? That the situation was out of control ?

Look at Europe ... over there one could say that the situation is out of control ...

Here in Thailand it seems that the virus does not like the climate so much ... but there are other SE asian countries with similar climate and a high infection rate ... So , why does Thailand have only a few cases ? 

May be because there is not a lot of testing going on ... but can't be that as the hospitals are not operating at their limits because of too many Covid cases .

May be the newer , highly infectious variants have not arrived yet ?

Strange .

Take care .

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

Of course , What was he supposed to say ? That the situation was out of control ?

Look at Europe ... over there one could say that the situation is out of control ...

Here in Thailand it seems that the virus does not like the climate so much ... but there are other SE asian countries with similar climate and a high infection rate ... So , why does Thailand have only a few cases ? 

May be because there is not a lot of testing going on ... but can't be that as the hospitals are not operating at their limits because of too many Covid cases .

May be the newer , highly infectious variants have not arrived yet ?

Strange .

Take care .

Or it might be that Thailand has been taking draconian measures almost from Day 1, destroying the tourism industry in the process. And that most people most of the time have done what they were asked to do in taking precautions. None of this 'wearing a mask infringes my human rights' nonsense, or 'not mixing in large groups outside doesn't apply to me and my 300 party mates' nonsense. A lot might have been learned from the one big outbreak early on at a boxing stadium - a major warning and wake-up call.

• Like 1

Maybe all those who think Thailand is all business-as-usual during Covid should take an in-depth look at today's TV headlines.

Look, folks, when they close hospitals because doctors have been infected—Srinagarind Hospital, Khon Kaen—, we’re in big trouble. And just look at today's Covid+ numbers.

The point is (why am I saying this AGAIN?!?) :

1) Masking
2) Handwashing
3) Only essential travel
4) No interprovincial travel
5) Block the highways
6) Shut the bus stations
7) Shut down the trains
???? Close the airports
9) No indoor restaurants
10) No entertainment venues (duh)

Politicians are dumb as a sack of rocks. If only they’d sink as fast when tossed into the Chao Phraya.

It’s we the public who need to be responsible for everyone’s welfare.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Or it might be that Thailand has been taking draconian measures almost from Day 1, destroying the tourism industry in the process. And that most people most of the time have done what they were asked to do in taking precautions. None of this 'wearing a mask infringes my human rights' nonsense, or 'not mixing in large groups outside doesn't apply to me and my 300 party mates' nonsense. A lot might have been learned from the one big outbreak early on at a boxing stadium - a major warning and wake-up call.

If I watch what is going on in the entertainment venues here in Pattaya then I see that nobody cares about regulations. Some not even about closing times. But why should they care?!

Also more and more people run around without masks in the meantime. Sadly many Farangs. Anutin would say the dirty Farangs are back and he would be right. Just today one of them without a mask was coughing into my face. Hopefully he didn't have Covid. Who protects people that are cautious??? 

Obviously there are no consequences if people don't care. There is a lot of talking about measures but the reality that I see every day is very different.