Help Please, Broken Leg/arm Voa Extension

hi.

I got pretty smashed up in koh kong, spent day there until ambulance decided i needed trat hospital.

spent 2.5 weeks there now in gusest house with 1 week on visa.

( crossing from cam I was stamped with the 30 day jobby).

1 have broken leg 2 places full cast on, + broken arm, I find it impossible to move more than 10 feet at a time ( + trat always rains lol bad for crutches).

what are my options, I have a letter from doc at hospital saying i cannot fly for 2 months ( my plane was leaving this sunday)

any info + costs appreciated

thanks

danny

Sorry to hear about your accident, Danny.

Some of the big international hospitals (like Bumrungrad in BKK) have an immigration desk where they take your passport and do everything for you, providing you are treated there. Might be worth your while to go and spend a few days there and get checked out by their doctors while you wait on your visa.

I also took a doctor's note to the immigration police in Phuket. The doctor recommended 3 three months, and they gave me a 3 month extension without any problem. Cost was 1900bhat. The officers were very nice about it.

Hang in there. Best wishes on your recovery.

You need to talk with the nearest Immigration office and obtain an extension of stay. The cost is 1,900 baht but not sure if that will cover the full time or not.

freind of mine had an accident last year ,family went to imigration got him 2 extensions totaling 1 month ,his stay in hospital was 3 months ,had all paper work from hospital doctor at the airport (freind had serious brain injury)they still charged him over stay .maybe after 1 month you will be a bit more mobile and able to do a visa run :o

I would merely suggest that you go to Immigration before your visa expires, and before you're on any kind of reporting overstay. That gives them more leeway. I made the mistake of hobbling in when I was one day over, and got almost no mercy, because they thought they couldn't give me any mercy.

Sorry to hear of your accident. I have been there myself and the immigration department were very good about it. I did have to go down there, wheelchair and all, but once in, they extended my visa past the date the doctors gave me to safely travel.

However, to the point of an earlier post here, this was through Bumrungrad. Not sure if it would work as well alone, so I would see about getting a consultation with a reputable hospital near your immigration office and if they will go in with you.

Best of luck and God's speed on your recovery.

Dr. B

hi.

I got pretty smashed up in koh kong, spent day there until ambulance decided i needed trat hospital.

spent 2.5 weeks there now in gusest house with 1 week on visa.

( crossing from cam I was stamped with the 30 day jobby).

1 have broken leg 2 places full cast on, + broken arm, I find it impossible to move more than 10 feet at a time ( + trat always rains lol bad for crutches).

what are my options, I have a letter from doc at hospital saying i cannot fly for 2 months ( my plane was leaving this sunday)

any info + costs appreciated

thanks

danny

Danny,

God Speed to full recovery.

You can get a extension of stay based on 7.24 of the National Police Order

Reason of Necessary

7.24 In case of entering for receive the medical treatment or rehabilitation, or taking care of patient.

Each time of permission shall be granted for a period not exceeding 90 days.

Consideration Criterions

(1) The Applicant is requested by the doctor of the hospital where the patient is nursed.

(2) In case of entering for taking care of the patient, the applicant needs to be approved and requested by the doctor of the Hospital where the patient is being treated, or by the Embassy or Consulate.

(3) In case that the person who will take care of the patient is not a member of the patient’s family, the permission shall be granted for only one person.

List of Required Documents

1. Application form

2. Copy of the applicant’s passport

3. There is a certified letter or the request issued by the doctor of the Hospital where the patient is being treated.

4. Only the case of entering for taking care of the patient, the certified letter or request issued by the doctor of the Hospital where the patient is being treated, or the embassy or the consulate shall be attached to the application form.

Regards,

Greg Lange

Managing Director

Sunbelt Asia

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

• 3 months later...

ok an update, for those who find themselves in a similar situation.

IN Trat hospital ( gov hosptal) the very honest doctor gave me a letter which laem ngop looked at and added extension for 1.5 months.

Then when that nearly ran out the doctor wrote a letter for a 1 month extention due to the fact that although the cast was off, the foot was not to touch ground for 4 more weeks

again laem ngop ageed to extend.

Finally funds started to dwindle so a friend loaned money from bangkok in order to travel to his house.

In bangkok went to private hospital to learn some pysio etc, doctor gave a letter stating 2 months pysio and then i would be ok to travel.

went to Suan Plu, was told letter is from private hospital ( and i can understand this part, private hospital= cash maybe bending rules to help falang etc)- so you must see our on premises doctor.

Lucky for me once he saw me he agreed with the 60 day extension request

so now I have yet another extension, and I am trying my best to walk.

I would like to say thank you to Thai immigration for playing fair, I know the rules have changed and problems do occur, but there is some humanity around the officialdom.

so god forbid anybody gets injured and has to cancel travel plans take heart.

best danny

Edited by dannyh2000uk