USA: Social Security

I have one of a few accounts at Bangkok Bank.

Is there any cost to having funds direct deposited by the SSA via New York?

Deposited to my primary US bank I'd be charged US65 which is do biannually along with additional money.

I could set up a Schwab account if that is less to transfer although I'd think issues living overseas and trading might arise.

Edited by kynikoi

The fee for transfers via their branch in New York is $5.00 up to $2,000 and then $10 up to $50,000. And then it is a 200 baht minimum or .25% up to maximum of 500 baht paid here.

Info is here. https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-US-to-Thailand-via-Bangkok-Bank-NewYork-branch

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The fee for transfers via their branch in New York is $5.00 up to $2,000 and then $10 up to $50,000. And then it is a 200 baht minimum or .25% up to maximum of 500 baht paid here.

Info is here. https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-US-to-Thailand-via-Bangkok-Bank-NewYork-branch

Thank you. I'll save the link but it looks like it's better for me to transfer a lump sum two or three times annually. I understand the b500 Thai bank fee to be standard. b500 a month seems to be a nonstarter.

1 minute ago, kynikoi said:

Thank you. I'll save the link but it looks like it's better for me to transfer a lump sum two or three times annually. I understand the b500 Thai bank fee to be standard. b500 a month seems to be a nonstarter.

You would have to transfer in 200,000 baht to reach the 500 baht maximum. 

• Thanks 1