Multiple O Visa

going to enter thailand next month on a o 4x 90 day visa and was told that i could do 3 border runs only then on the last i would have to fly to malaysia and obtain a further 4x 90 day visa can u guys confirm this is correct if so that would be better than returning to uk for a further 4 x 90 because how i understood it i would have to fly home.

thanks.

terry.

1. The visa is multi entry so you can stay up to 90 days on each entry - it is not limited to 4 entries.

2. What is the basis for your obtaining the visa? If not for marriage to a Thai or retirement there is almost no chance you would obtain such a visa in Malaysia or anywhere else close-by.

i am actually retiring there but my girlfriend isn't hence the 4 x 90 days as it seems a grey area with how the income comes into thailand ie i have sufficent funds without a regular pension i was thinking it would be easier to do the same as my girlfriend

i am actually retiring there but my girlfriend isn't hence the 4 x 90 days as it seems a grey area with how the income comes into thailand ie i have sufficent funds without a regular pension i was thinking it would be easier to do the same as my girlfriend

4 x 90 days actually gets you 15 months in Thailand on a Non O multi entry. As you can retire and have the funds to retire (B800,000 in a bank) you can get a 1 year extention. If your g/f is also not Thai she can get an extension as your dependant.

As already said you are unlikely to get a multi entry O in Malaysia.

i am actually retiring there but my girlfriend isn't hence the 4 x 90 days ...

4 x 90 days actually gets you 15 months in Thailand on a Non O multi entry...If your g/f is also not Thai she can get an extension as your dependant.

As already said you are unlikely to get a multi entry O in Malaysia.

1. There is no “4x90”. As Lopburi mentioned, Brit_Doggie obviously has a multiple-entry non-O visa. This is valid for an unlimited number of entries, not only four entries, into Thailand during the one-year validity of the visa.

2. Immigration does not give a one-year extension to a female friend as a dependent. Police Order No. 606/2549 defines dependents in paragraph 7.19 as “parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse”

--------------

Maestro

ok scenario my gf stays for 11 months sends passport back to uk to a friend who then posts a application on her behalf to hull for a further 4 x 90 days this is then posted back to her in thailand and then she makes the trip to malaysia and returns with guess what a fresh visa to re-enter the kingdom.

would that work ?

Terry.

ok scenario my gf stays for 11 months sends passport back to uk to a friend who then posts a application on her behalf to hull for a further 4 x 90 days this is then posted back to her in thailand and then she makes the trip to malaysia and returns with guess what a fresh visa to re-enter the kingdom.

would that work ?

Terry.

You do not apear to be reading the other posts. There is no such thing as a 4 x 90 Visa. What you have is a 1 year multi entry Non O that will get you up to 15 months in Thailand.

Your other plan will probably get your GF in the immigration detension center before being deported. Not recomended.

There is a 4 entry tourist visa...Perhaps this is what the OP is talking about.

No. In the title of his new topic, the OP says “multiple O Visa”. In the body of his original message in this topic, he talks about an O visa. When Lopburi said it was a multiple entry non-O visa, he did not contradict. He definitely has a multiple-entry non-immigrant visa type O.

--------------

Maestro

would that work ?

It entails a considerable risk of your girlfriend being arrested, detained in jail, and deported. Please read this topic.

Don’t give away your passport In recent months, an old problem has resurfaced. Some farangs are tempted to give third parties their passports for the round trip journey to Europe to obtain multi-entry non-immigrant visas.

Several Europeans are known to have been caught out when they tried to leave Thailand in person using their fraudulently acquired multiple entry visas.

They were questioned closely about their recent travel history by Suvarnabhumi airport or border police and arrested and jailed for breaking the provisions of the 1980 immigration act.

They were then bailed on surety of 200,000 baht each and later had to appear in court to be deported.

- Pattaya Today

And please sotp talking about "4x90". There is no such thing, as you should know by now.

--------------

Maestro

lawd hull was wrong then, they clearly stated the visa was valid for up to 4 x 90 day visits,and yes they did say it would allow up to 15 months stay. obviously i read ur posts but why would i need more than 4 entries if i intend staying so obviously i would max them to the full so it seems some of you didnt read my posts.

terry.

What you plan to do with the visa is not the same thing as what the visa actually allows - this is what people tried to point out. Some people will want to exit and enter more than 4 times, for travelling, etc.

That, and that using the wrong term for the visa can be confusing to people reading the web site as well as the consular officers or immigration officers they meet.

There is only one type of Non Immigrant O multiple entry visa available, the 1 year multiple entry non Immigrant visa, category O. Sometimes shortened to "1 year multiple non-O".

Fixed number of entries multiple entry non O visas do not exist.

You can exit and enter for as many times as you like during the validity period of the visa. Each time you enter Thailand, you get 90 days.

It is true that this means that if you enter and exit Thailand 4 times, that will mean 15 months of total stay. But if you ask for a "4 entry" visa somewhere, they will not know what you mean, because that is not what it's called.

As has been said, do NOT send your passport out by mail or by a courier. The law is very clear on this, and you will be in serious trouble if Immigration see you have not left Thailand to apply for your visa in person.

What you plan to do with the visa is not the same thing as what the visa actually allows - this is what people tried to point out. Some people will want to exit and enter more than 4 times, for travelling, etc.

That, and that using the wrong term for the visa can be confusing to people reading the web site as well as the consular officers or immigration officers they meet.

There is only one type of Non Immigrant O multiple entry visa available, the 1 year multiple entry non Immigrant visa, category O. Sometimes shortened to "1 year multiple non-O".

Fixed number of entries multiple entry non O visas do not exist.

You can exit and enter for as many times as you like during the validity period of the visa. Each time you enter Thailand, you get 90 days.

It is true that this means that if you enter and exit Thailand 4 times, that will mean 15 months of total stay. But if you ask for a "4 entry" visa somewhere, they will not know what you mean, because that is not what it's called.

As has been said, do NOT send your passport out by mail or by a courier. The law is very clear on this, and you will be in serious trouble if Immigration see you have not left Thailand to apply for your visa in person.

<note ... during the last 3 months .... (after the 12 month -- month 13,14,15) you cannot come and go as you want .. when you leave and re-enter on day 364 of the multi-non-O and get the last three months .. that's it>

<I am unsure if you can get a re-entry permit during months 13-15>

You can not enter for a 90 day stay without a valid non immigrant visa so yes, once the visa expiration date is reached you can not leave and come back without a re-entry permit. And yes you can obtain a re-entry permit.