Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Smoke belching, noisy bus had air con fluid leak say BMTA

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

9pm.jpg

They described the bus as old stock.

This looks pretty "new" compared to some others on Bangkok roads, and just unwrapped compared to what is driving around in some other provinces...

Seriously, I get nostalgia when I see same model of the bus I took 25 years ago drive past. It is probably actual same bus, not just same number and model.

Now if I think of buses 8 and 44... they must be worth a lot. Museums in other countries would pay top dollar for them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OJAS said:

You mean this clapped-out vehicle actually had an air conditioner fitted to it? Last time I was in Bangkok all the busses appeared to have "air conditioning" provided in the form of all the windows wound down!!

The picture shows windows that don't open, and you can clearly see the A/C unit on the roof.

Freon creates Phosgene when exposed to high heat.  Phosgene was a nerve agent used during WWI.

It was one of the things we were taught to be careful about when brazing old refrigerant lines.

I don't think the refrigerant itself would smoke like that but there is also oil in the system.

6 hours ago, OJAS said:

You mean this clapped-out vehicle actually had an air conditioner fitted to it? Last time I was in Bangkok all the busses appeared to have "air conditioning" provided in the form of all the windows wound down!!

That's what one calls climate control ,,,,Controlled by the Climate,,,,   ????

9 hours ago, OJAS said:

They still do ????