Android app to call any number worldwide

THAIPHUKET

11 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

FB Messenger does it for free.

Can you call phone numbers for free with FB messenger?

I think you only can call from messenger to messenger, and at that there are apps that work way better.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Skype can call anywhere and anyone you want providing you have credit.

Skype is similar to FB Messenger, I suddenly remembered that a few applications that I rarely use are CamScanner, Zalo (Zalo - Video Call - Apps on Google Play), ... in which Zalo completely fits your requirements.

Edited by Ian Rivera
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/17/2021 at 4:04 AM, Ian Rivera said:

Skype is similar to FB Messenger, I suddenly remembered that a few applications that I rarely use are CamScanner, Zalo (Zalo - Video Call - Apps on Google Play), ... in which Zalo completely fits your requirements.

no it isn't, you can call any phone landline or mobile with Skype , as the previous poster said,  you must have credit

also you can sms any phone as well

• Like 2

I use Google Voice, no monthly/yearly fees. Free calls/SMS to USA/Canada. Voicemail with transcribed messages emailed to you. Various rates to call/SMS other countries. Works for all US banks I have tried it on. Lots of other features too numerous to list.

I have in the past, before starting using GV maybe 10 years, used Skype, MagicJack, etc. All those are useless compared to GV.

You do need a US number to register, but it's worth the effort

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Skype World Plan

I've used skype World Unlimited for years. About $14 per month for unlimited international calls (to most numbers). Also have a Skype number (UK) where friends, family and clients can call me for free wherever I am. Good quality connection so long as on Wifi, 3G or 4G.

• Like 2

WhatsApp ?

Viber ?

Line ?

I haven’t needed to use any for the past few years, they were free and did work ok.

Im sure that FB messenger CAN call phone numbers, but only if you’re connected on messenger/FB first. (I found a guys wallet here in Oz, searched his name in FB and tried to call him, but was unable because of the unlink and of course if you message such people it goes to the almost impossible to find “message request” folder)

My wife lives on messenger calls to family and friends.

Edited by HighPriority
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 5:32 PM, CharlieH said:

Skype can call anywhere and anyone you want providing you have credit.

+ 1  for Skype.

I am lucky.  I have one of their old subscriptions.  I pay around $230AUD a year with unlimited calls to mobiles and landlines in all the countries you would expect.  

Their current subscriptions are good as well.  

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 12:59 PM, Thomas J said:

I use Viber but with messenger and line I rarely use it anymore. 

I like viber and using it a lot. But it have constant bugs, tor example i don't get message until i open that specific chat, which is a really big problem for me, and now with new update all notifications are in group and i can't see content of message until i open it it's just worse. Now I used discord PRO.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 9:47 PM, lodstewart said:

no it isn't, you can call any phone landline or mobile with Skype , as the previous poster said,  you must have credit

also you can sms any phone as well

Did the OP say he wants to be able to make free calls?

8 hours ago, Puccini said:

Did the OP say he wants to be able to make free calls?

OP:

On 4/16/2021 at 10:24 AM, THAIPHUKET said:

I will pay.

Every Android phone has an app which allows one to call any number worldwide.

It's called the "Dialer" app.

There is no universal free option. There are some free proprietary solutions, useful if both parties have the same app, And there are some low-cost options, often country-unique/specific, although there are some which offer global low-cost, paid solutions.

dialer.jpg

On 6/21/2021 at 4:30 AM, soi3eddie said:

I've used skype World Unlimited for years. About $14 per month for unlimited international calls (to most numbers). Also have a Skype number (UK) where friends, family and clients can call me for free wherever I am. Good quality connection so long as on Wifi, 3G or 4G.

Same here.

Skype world unlimited is the way to go.

• Like 1

Unlimited World subscription includes calls to:

Both landlines and mobiles in Canada, China, Guam, Hong Kong SAR, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Thailand and United States

Only landlines in Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia (excluding rural areas - LEX), Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia (Jakarta only), Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

https://www.skype.com/en/legal/calling-offer-terms/countries/

Although I can't find this $14/month package. It was ~ $9.99 /months ~ 15 years ago.

Landlines? Might as well send a FAX.

Edited by mtls2005

50 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

There are some free proprietary solutions, useful if both parties have the same app, And there are some low-cost options, often country-unique/specific, although there are some which offer global low-cost, paid solutions.

LINE does offer LINE Out.

https://line.me/en/call/howto

Rates aren't too bad. 

https://line.me/en/call/price-table

• 3 months later...