NHSO Will Cover Covid-19 Test and Treatment Fee for All Thais

webfact

3c3a61424862e76912429dcd6c0caa1c_small.jpg

By Paphamon Arayasukawat

BANGKOK (NNT) - The National Health Security Office (NHSO) will cover the cost of Covid-19 health services for all Thai people regardless of whether they are registered for healthcare schemes, and every Thai at risk of contracting Covid-19 can get a free test and treatment at any public or private hospital.

According to the NHSO, people are considered to be at risk of Covid-19 when they show one or more of the following symptoms: fever with a temperature over 37.5 degrees Celsius, cough, runny nose, sore throat, loss of sense of smell or taste, and shortness of breath.

They must also have a history of linked to one of the following three risk factors, including have visited Covid-19 high-risk areas in the 14 days before developing any of the symptoms, have stayed in or visited places/countries with Covid-19 cases in the 14 days before developing the symptoms, and work in quarantine facilities.

The Public Health Ministry, which runs public hospitals, and the Private Hospital Association, have assured that health workers will provide Covid-19 testing to anyone at risk of contracting the virus. They will receive free treatment if they test positive. The NHSO will reimburse hospital operators for any related fees.

nnt.jpg
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, smedly said:

so she would have been in the category "asymptomatic" which over 90% of infected people would be and was refused a test ?

So Thailand is only testing those with symptoms 

how can they possibly know the spread of the virus if they are not testing everyone, it makes a total farce of the figures they are releasing daily

No.  High fever, sniffles, sick.  Just no "covid" cough.  Thus, turned down due to their short supply.

• Like 1

Last year it was reported that the same rules of treatment apply to foreigners as to Thais. I asked  in a forum a couple of days ago if this had indeed ever been the case, or still was the case, or if anyone has any official information (nothing so far), and I would even be happy to hear anecdotal accounts from members or about people they know or have heard of. 

That being said, Kaiser will reimburse me for anything they agree was an emergency, and beyond that my asset class would suggest I'm not being unreasonable to consider myself self-insured. But beyond that I would readily extend the small policy I bought here last year, even at my advanced age, but would like to have the whole picture first. Thanks to anyone attempting to address this issue.

2 hours ago, Enzian said:

Last year it was reported that the same rules of treatment apply to foreigners as to Thais. I asked  in a forum a couple of days ago if this had indeed ever been the case, or still was the case, or if anyone has any official information (nothing so far), and I would even be happy to hear anecdotal accounts from members or about people they know or have heard of. 

That being said, Kaiser will reimburse me for anything they agree was an emergency, and beyond that my asset class would suggest I'm not being unreasonable to consider myself self-insured. But beyond that I would readily extend the small policy I bought here last year, even at my advanced age, but would like to have the whole picture first. Thanks to anyone attempting to address this issue.

The only problem with your plan is thinking Kaiser will agree on the facts that you had an emergency. I had kaiser before until the Doctor who had promised me a %100 outcome said afterward medicine is Hocus Pocus Voodoo. I then called the Teamsters to demand I switch my medical in the middle of the year. I was granted my own doctor plan just had to pay more well worth it. They make money not seeing you not by treating you. Best of Luck

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

I'd like to know where the CV19 huge budget has gone

It certainly has not been spent on testing and vaccines 

Might be time for a full independent financial audit lol - fat chance of that

Several expensive 'Commitee's' (made up of certain people's friends and family's)  needed to 'probe' the matter first !

• Like 1

My friend with a bad cough, who lives in Rawai (an area in which some of the known infectees from Patong visited) was turned down for a test yesterday.

At two hospitals, one of which would have charged her 2,300.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enzian said:

Bear in mind Thailand will insist on confining you to a "treatment facility" (hospital, field "hospital" or ASQ hotel) even if you are completely asymptomatic.

I very much doubt any foreign insurer will pay the costs of an asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic COVID patient being isolated in a hotel.  Local COVID0-specific policy likely will.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Unify said:

My friend with a bad cough, who lives in Rawai (an area in which some of the known infectees from Patong visited) was turned down for a test yesterday.

At two hospitals, one of which would have charged her 2,300.

Similar scenarios throughout the last year and now more so, if people with some symptoms could easily and freely be tested the real situation might unfold a little.

If you only test people with a proven direct link to a covid positive individual how can the virus possibly be contained or controlled.

What were Anutins qualifications and background that allowed him to be minister of health.?

• Like 1

Now if us Farangs feel Covid crook due to be infected by Thais  and not being ones fault and go for a test I would like a Free test .

Only If one is Really covid crook.

It doesn't matter what Race when infected in Thailand all should be treated Same .

All Pay Or All Free.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, sapson said:

Similar scenarios throughout the last year and now more so, if people with some symptoms could easily and freely be tested the real situation might unfold a little.

If you only test people with a proven direct link to a covid positive individual how can the virus possibly be contained or controlled.

What were Anutins qualifications and background that allowed him to be minister of health.?

He is a qualified engineer, but remember that some "government ministers" are qualified soldiers. ????

On 4/18/2021 at 8:19 AM, smedly said:

so she would have been in the category "asymptomatic" which over 90% of infected people would be and was refused a test ?

Are you saying 90% of infected people are asymptomatic? 

If so, I'd really like to see some support for that. 

If I misunderstood you then I pre-emptively retract my question.