Withdraw bitcoin to Bangkok bank

I'm looking for a place where I can withdraw my bitcoin into my thai bank account. Anyone have any good places that they use. I'm from the United States, but on a marriage stay in Thailand. A few places I looked don't deal with Americans. 

Looking to sell only into Baht. I have usd bitcoin accounts that I buy with. 

Edited by PattayaKevin

Try Local Bitcoins dot com... Commonly used method for cashing out of Bitcoin by selling peer-to-peer instead of through an intermediary. Trades are protected by escrow, but as always, buyer/seller should do their due-diligence and educate themselves on how to securely use the service so you don't screw up and lose your assets. Here is a link to the FAQ page, good luck.

6 hours ago, PattayaKevin said:

Thanks. I found that coins.co.th did what I wanted.  Was very easy went through stage 1, 2, 3 and 4 verifications in under an hour. Tested it and I had the money in my bank account in under an hour. 

My experience of using Coins.co.th has always been very good, they are reliable and responsive. I have never sold any of the bitcoin i originally bought from them a number of years ago, but i would suggest anybody cashing out through Coins also ask them (or your own accountant/tax adviser) what your potential tax liability might be here in Thailand, especially if you originally bought Bitcoin from them and later cashed out through them at a profit. Coins keep comprehensive records of their transactions, forewarned is forearmed, you don't want any nasty tax demands sneaking up on you a few years from now.

• Like 1

Send money to Thailand with Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrency - cryptobaht.io   This ones good, no verification required but your limited to 75,000 baht per transfer. From transfer to arrival in the bank 2 to 3 minutes. They have all the major banks listed.

The fee to transfer 20K using cryptobaht.io into a Thai bank acct is 305 baht. The fee to pull 20K out of an AEON ATM is 120 baht. 75K using crypto is 1,104 baht. Kind of expensive. I'll use the ATM (only AEON)!

On 4/19/2021 at 5:46 AM, DeepSea said:

My experience of using Coins.co.th has always been very good, they are reliable and responsive. I have never sold any of the bitcoin i originally bought from them a number of years ago, but i would suggest anybody cashing out through Coins also ask them (or your own accountant/tax adviser) what your potential tax liability might be here in Thailand, especially if you originally bought Bitcoin from them and later cashed out through them at a profit. Coins keep comprehensive records of their transactions, forewarned is forearmed, you don't want any nasty tax demands sneaking up on you a few years from now.

I am with them and I did ask about tax and they replied with the Thai government hasn't really decided on it yet and they will advise if anything comes to light.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, karunasup said:

Have you considering obtaining a loan with your BTC as collateral. No need to pay capital gains tax.

I was going to ask that same question.   I would never sell my Bitcoins, instead use them as collateral to borrow money.

Another $2 Billion exchange disappeared in the news overnight. Totally unregulated and the sole reason I have very limited exposure to any crypto currencies

Prices dropped partly because of Biden but also the Turkish collapse

On 4/23/2021 at 1:52 PM, Chivas said:

Another $2 Billion exchange disappeared in the news overnight. Totally unregulated and the sole reason I have very limited exposure to any crypto currencies

Prices dropped partly because of Biden but also the Turkish collapse

Your viewpoint is fairly limited and subsequently you will lose out on huge gains over the coming yrs. I have my crypto assets safely stashed in a hardware wallet. Safe as houses as they say. One should only keep ones assets on an exchange  for short periods after buying or selling

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...