Leather Cleaning

Joyce

The first step to leather care is keeping your leather clean. This can be accomplished with a soft, moist rag. Wipe the leather in a small, circular pattern to remove any surface dirt and grime. For heavier soiling, use a small amount of liquid soap, making sure to wipe with a clean, wet rag to remove residue. It's advisable to use quality leather soap to deep-clean the material. Follow this with either a moisturizer or oil specifically developed for leather products. The use of the moisturizer or oil will keep the leather from cracking or tearing.

Professional leather cleaning is recommended for all leathers, and fabric garments trimmed with leather. Normal dry cleaning methods will not yield proper results. It is advisable to clean matching garments at the same time, since a slight variation is color or texture may occur as a natural result of the cleaning process. Natural marks and wrinkles could become more apparent after cleaning. Garment may shrink slightly, but will stretch again with wear.

Leathericon

post-46402-1179559313.gif

Hello Joyce I have a three piece suite of white leather that is looking pretty bad, normal leather cleaning soaps dont do any good and I was thinking maybe I could use kerosene or gasoline, they work pretty good on my engine block.

I have used tetroclorine for dry cleaning my suit with good results, what do you think ?