Are people on Covid visas included for the free covid vaccine in Phuket?

Petekiwi

Hello,

I was wondering if people on Covid visas included for the free covid vaccine in Phuket?

I thought new said it included everyone for free vaccines in phuket.

But when I tried to register online on April 20th it wouldn't let me when I processed the online form.

The only thing I can think is I don't have a thai resident number.

I just put my passport number down.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Pete

as above, the online registration is ONLY for thais an it doesn't  even seem to matter,

one wife of a friend just showed up last week at the center and got her shot

never registered.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 9:20 AM, Rhacsyn said:

Hi Pete

Currently the system in Phuket will only accept people with Thai ID numbers. I believe there is a plan to expand this but no idea when!! I am here on a retirement visa so have been unable to register also. My friend has lived here in his condo for 10 years but only has the blue book for his condo so no Thai ID. He is in the process of changing his blue book to yellow which will then give him a Thai ID.

Sorry, but we need to wait.....

Thank you so much ????

On 4/22/2021 at 10:15 AM, zzzzz said:

as above, the online registration is ONLY for thais an it doesn't  even seem to matter,

one wife of a friend just showed up last week at the center and got her shot

never registered.

Wow, thanks for letting me know ????

20 hours ago, Deli said:

Among other pre-requisites, as a non Thai you need a Thai SS number.

I have heard people registering with their Pi9nk ID number, so don't think the 'SS number' requirement is correct.

• Like 1

It appears many farangs that have a  yellow book for their condo/house also have their pink thai id cards and those are used to register on the app

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

Some Thais I know don't even qualify for the jab,  not old or work in qualifying jobs etc., no registration online, just turn up and get it, some even have their 2nd booster jab already last week....!!! (which is the important one).

From what I read about Chinese jab , and real stats from Chile , you are only 3% more protected against the virus after 1st jab (well, say zero  !) , and then about 56% after 2nd jab, so that booster is really needed, unlike other vaccines....

I wondered if farang turn up might also get it, who knows..., but perhaps need to speak some Thai to haggle (and maybe some tips !). ????

I don't think so Pete,

The Covid extension was introduced for people who can't travel back to their home country and this program ends now on 29 May unless it is extended.

Although it is now being used for everybody who wants to stay longer in the country.

Therefore I don't think that those people will be included as it is assumed that they will travel back home as soon it is possible.

The latest what i heard is that foreigners with house books and/or pink ID card can get the free vaccine in the future.

3 hours ago, merijn said:

I don't think so Pete,

The Covid extension was introduced for people who can't travel back to their home country and this program ends now on 29 May unless it is extended.

Although it is now being used for everybody who wants to stay longer in the country.

Therefore I don't think that those people will be included as it is assumed that they will travel back home as soon it is possible.

The latest what i heard is that foreigners with house books and/or pink ID card can get the free vaccine in the future.

"The latest what i heard is that foreigners with house books and/or pink ID card can get the free vaccine in the future."

Also people with workpermits and SS number are included now.

• Like 1