3M Crystalline window tint

macahoom

Different manufactures label their tints differently... 

Look for the amount of visible light blocked.

I would not go for more than 20% of transmissible light blocked (for the windscreen) and 30% on the sides. 

----------

If I’m not mistaken a C90 would allow 90% of visible light through, where as a C40 would block 60% of visible light. 

I’m not certain of the law in Thailand, another poster on another thread mentioned 40%, I have read somewhere (but can’t find the text) that 30% is the legal limit of visible light being blocked.

----------

These threads recycle quite often and there is some good information out there (before a thread degrades)

I've been using C70 for years (30% tint, brightest one). Very happy with it, but another good alternative is C50 all around, and C70 for the windshield. I find the windshield most important during night driving. C90 I haven't seen available in Thailand

I had 3M Crystalline on one of my cars in the past. In my opinion it is overrated / overpriced. Saw no difference between that and cheaper Lamina I had on another car. I recently changed to another one which came with V-Kool (previous owner) and it seems much better for reducing heat inside the vehicle.

I had Crystalline on my last two vehicles and loved it. I think I have 70/30 with 70 on the windshield which I think this is pretty common. 

When I went from my old car with the cheaper film to the new on with the Crystalline I really noticed the difference. 

The 3M  number are backwards from some of the other manufacturers, so be sure you actually look at the film...

17 hours ago, mortenaa said:

I've been using C70 for years (30% tint, brightest one). Very happy with it, but another good alternative is C50 all around, and C70 for the windshield. I find the windshield most important during night driving. C90 I haven't seen available in Thailand

Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Mortenaa, can you please tell me?: When looking into your C70 car from outside, can you see inside?