Phuket airport van warning as island infections continue to rise

snoop1130

1619161576_1-org.jpg

Phuket Vice Governor Pichet Panapong at the meeting at Provincial Hall yesterday (Apr 22). Photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET:-- A “high risk” warning has been issued for all people who travelled in a passenger van from Phuket International Airport to various locations on the island on Apr 15.

The warning urged any persons who travelled in a passenger van from the airport from 8:30pm to 9pm to contact the Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) by calling 094-5938876 “because you are a high risk person”.

The passengers travelling in the van were dropped off at various locations, as follows:

• One person at D Condo Kathu
  • One person at Tritrang Hotel
  • One at the Khao Rang branch of Family Mart in Phuket Town
  • Two people at the Phuket Provincial Administration Organisation (PPAO, or OrBorJor) Nabon School on Chao Fa East Rd in Wichit

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-airport-van-warning-as-island-infections-continue-to-rise-79780.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-04-23

I was thinking the other day about these minivans, I saw an add on FB looking for passengers wanting to go to BKK from Phuket I know the guys want to earn money but I think that should be stopped, 

Sitting in a van with 10 strangers for how many hours............? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I was thinking the other day about these minivans, I saw an add on FB looking for passengers wanting to go to BKK from Phuket I know the guys want to earn money but I think that should be stopped, 

Sitting in a van with 10 strangers for how many hours............? 

AFAIK the capacity of the vans has been reduced to 6.