Thailand cuts 2021 foreign tourist target to 4 million after new outbreak

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, boogiewoogie said:

It looks like he still praying on winter season. Thailand takes 2 mil a month easily.

And that's exactly where he is going. 

Thailand is gonna be fully opened in late autumn. Indians, Russians, chinese, americans, koreans, japans. But mostly chinese. He need them big time.

Well, as for u, guys, u can have a pleasant winter vacation in Luton.

Gotta be one up from potentially running into ‘mericans. 

• Haha 1

And who is coming?  Here is the news flash that nobody has been tracking at all:  Chinese are not coming.  They are not getting their passports renewed.  They are not travelling.  Anywhere, vaccinated or not.  

People are underestimating the chinese collective.  

If you think that chinese are coming to Thailand in 2021 you're not thinking this through.  They are slamming anyone who travels there - the vaccination rate in China is very low.  They just don't care right now and are very happy with domestic tourism.

Who else is going to come where what percentage of the population is vaccinated?  Where hospitals are filling up?  Where if you get COVID (yes you can get it as a flu after vaccinated) you get to spend 2 weeks sleeping on a box with 300 other strangers?  

Dropped.  On.  Their.  Heads.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Who else is going to come where hospitals are filling up?  

I guess that is another consideration, on the off chance you did get sick, it seems the farang would probably be lowest on the priority list for just about anything.  Unless you wanted to spend a couple million baht for an all inclusive trip to a private hospital like Bumrungrad.  Sounds like a great holiday.

• Like 2

If you take genuine tourism, then the figure will be less than one million. Most non-Thais coming in are doing so for family or work related reasons.

Nobody in his right mind goes through an entry procedure with locals dressed in transparent garbage bags, enjoying a 14 days seriously overpriced quarantine with crappy cold food out of plastic containers. As the vaccine roll-out is done Thai-style and subsequently seriously behind schedule, do not expect any changes there either. 

So, me thinks, let the big boys drive this country completely to the ground while behaving like in a 7/11 without a cashier on the way out. Once the tills are empty, they will disappear into thin air, golf courses and enjoy their ill-gotten wealth. 

There is always a tomorrow and the more the country is ruined, the better it is for a complete revamp of Thailand's chances in the future. Changes are imminent but, please and for once, make real changes and not only dress rehearsing with lots of make-up smeared over the ugly, old faces presently visible. We all knew that such changes will have to come and that they will be painful - after all - you cannot have your cake and eat it! 

• Like 1

I think 14,000 might be closer to the reality, with quarantine still in place. Thailand needs to muster up some courage, the army needs to at least start pretending to be real men, or they need to figure out a way to assist the millions upon millions who are currently out of work. The economy is decimated. I see signs of it everywhere I look. And most Thais I speak with feel the same way. 

• Like 1