TM 30 Reporting

Just arrived on the 22nd April (Non-O thru 20 July), in an ASQ hotel in BKK for 7 days after showing our CDC Pfizer vaccine shot records. Leaving I hope via Smile on the 30th for Ubon Ratchathani. A little worried about reporting my stay there at my house since it looks like I will have to Quarantine for 14 days. Can I do this at the Ubon airport or will I have to report to Immigration at Ubon? Appreciate a response from anyone who has travel to Ubon lately. Things are getting very Dicey with all these changes. Thank you in advance. 

I don't think you will need to do the 14 day self quarantine since you have been vaccinated and have had a negative covid 19 test while in the 7 day quarantine.

There is not that big a rush to do the TM30 report. Immigration will no know when you arrived at your residence. Just put the day before on the TM30 form for your date of arrival.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gordyg422 said:

Hi there

I just arrived back in NAKHON PHANOM after 10 days qaurantine and went to immigration the following day to notify them and they informed me I could do it after spending 2 weeks at home ????️

Classic case now of this country's government and their immigration not knowing what each other is doing.

Therefore, local immigration will base their rules on what they THINK they should be. And as always, they will differ by area and province.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gordyg422 said:

Hi there

I just arrived back in NAKHON PHANOM after 10 days qaurantine and went to immigration the following day to notify them and they informed me I could do it after spending 2 weeks at home ????️

That's very kind of them.

Do you know why they were unwilling to accept your application when you went to immigration initially?

On 4/27/2021 at 6:49 AM, Dan747 said:

A little worried about reporting my stay there at my house since it looks like I will have to Quarantine for 14 days.

If you previously registered your Ubon address with Immigration and are just returning from a trip abroad, there is no need to file a further TM30. TM30 report requirements changed last year.

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If you previously registered your Ubon address with Immigration and are just returning from a trip abroad, there is no need to file a further TM30. TM30 report requirements changed last year.

He apparently has a new visa entry that requires one.

On 4/27/2021 at 6:49 AM, Dan747 said:

Just arrived on the 22nd April (Non-O thru 20 July),

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, you mention returning to your house.

Why do you even need a TM30.

In Nakhon Phanom they always insist on a TM30 when returning to house, often even if having one night away in hotel

Tried to tell them, showed the change of rules, but as always here, i get the standard " I not understand" and told to go away and do it

Just now, Joinaman said:

In Nakhon Phanom they always insist on a TM30 when returning to house, often even if having one night away in hotel

Tried to tell them, showed the change of rules, but as always here, i get the standard " I not understand" and told to go away and do it

What are you even doing at the immigration office? Just don't do it.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, you mention returning to your house.

Why do you even need a TM30.

Because he's entering on a new Non O Visa (which I missed).

If your returning on a valid existing extension of stay using a re-entry permit then a new TM30 isn't required.

If any permission of stay has expired then you need to refile on a new entry.

Just now, Tanoshi said:

Because he's entering on a new Non O Visa (which I missed).

If your returning on a valid existing extension of stay using a re-entry permit then a new TM30 isn't required.

If any permission of stay has expired then you need to refile on a new entry.

AHH the old "new visa". Yes of course.

OP, did you try and trick me. It worked.

49 minutes ago, jackdd said:

What are you even doing at the immigration office? Just don't do it.

perhaps its either because I'm doing my 90 day, ( last week) or its because they ring me up and insist i go down , (January)

Not sure how long i could ignore them for, managed around 2 weeks before they rang the missus and insisted we go down, or else !

Now at Ubon, made it in before all the 1 May restrictions. Waiting to see if we have to quarantine at our home. I went ahead and posted my TM-30 online. I hope this works. Thank you all again for all the reply's. "Happy Travels!"  

• 3 weeks later...

FYI: After I completed my 15 day quarantine went by the Local Ubon Ratchathani immigration office downtown to make sure my TM-30 online  made it to their office. They gave me a "Receipt of Notification" and told me if I travel to a hotel in Thailand and return I must register a new TM 30 via their office, but if I stay at a family residence (Non Hotel), I do not need to register upon my return to my house here in Ubon. Go figure-Does not make much sense. Also, my Single entry Non-O visa expires on 20 July 2021 of which they mentioned I must leave Thailand unless their is another Covid-19 extension or I may extend under the Non-O A requirements with 800,000 baht in the bank, etc.. Initially I tried to apply for a multiple entry Non O visa at the Thailand Embassy (Wash DC), but they were only issuing single entry. I believe their will be some changes between now and 20 July.  "Happy Travels."

1 hour ago, Dan747 said:

told me if I travel to a hotel in Thailand and return I must register a new TM 30 via their office

This particular statement is clearly at variance with an RTP Regulation on revised TM30 notification requirements which was issued last June and states:-

"2.2 After a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager already made a notification according to 2.1, then the alien goes to occasionally stay somewhere else and return to stay at the original place within the notified period of stay that has not yet ended, such householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager is not required to make a notification again."

The Regulation in question can be downloaded from the pinned thread (item 30) at

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

Edited by OJAS

1 hour ago, Dan747 said:

They gave me a "Receipt of Notification" and told me if I travel to a hotel in Thailand and return I must register a new TM 30 via their office, but if I stay at a family residence (Non Hotel), I do not need to register upon my return to my house here in Ubon. 

That is incorrect info they gave you. You do not need to do another TM30 unless you change your address or enter the country with a new visa.

1 hour ago, Dan747 said:

Go figure-Does not make much sense. Also, my Single entry Non-O visa expires on 20 July 2021 of which they mentioned I must leave Thailand unless their is another Covid-19 extension or I may extend under the Non-O A requirements with 800,000 baht in the bank, etc.

The date your visa expires means nothing now since you are in the country. The day your 90 day permit to stay you got is what is important.

There talking about a extension of stay based upon retirement not a OA visa that can only be applied for at embassy or official consulate.

If married to a Thai you can apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage and would only need 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.