When to apply for Non o + which insurance?

Do I have enough time to apply for a non o "retirement visa" just after the extension of the 45 visa exempt, so still have 30 days to go?

And is it correct that nowadays I also need insurance for this non o "retirement visa"? In that case, can the Tune Luma insurance be a good choice at about 3000 Baht a month, since it's the same price for every age category?

You have enough time after you get the 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry. You must apply for it before you have less than 15 days remaining on the extension. 

You do not need the 40/400k baht medical insurance to apply for the visa or the one year extension of it.

I posted a report on applying for a Non-O retirement yesterday.

The first section of items you need to bring won't apply to you because I had a new passport with expired old passport and expired non-O.

The biggest obstacles you have will be to get a bank account, get the money transferred to the account, show proof of where you are staying and if renting then prove rent payments, and they will look for a filed TM30.  Immigration in Bangkok didn't ask about any insurance.

Edited by JerseytoBKK

35 minutes ago, jil said:

I have but actually I think I will use an agent to arrange everything for me, so without putting my own money on a bank account.

You need to decide what your doing. Either your applying for non o retirement yourself or your using agent.

Agent will cost perhaps 25k for non o and 12 month extension.

Of you do it yourself it's only ~4k. However you would need 800k in Thai bank on day of application for the non o. Also you need to have it in the bank for 2 months prior to apply for extension. ......etc 

Best to decide which path your opting for.

4 minutes ago, jil said:

Will there be any house visits with a non o retirement?

Not for the extension of stay application.

For the non-o visa application some offices have done a visit to confirm your address.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not for the extension of stay application.

For the non-o visa application some offices have done a visit to confirm your address.

OP, states using an agent, never heard of home visit in those circumstances.

• Like 1

But if they come to check and I actually stay at that address it doesn't matter that I've used an agent?

(Edit: Just missed your last post, DrJack54.)

Edited by jil

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, states using an agent, never heard of home visit in those circumstances.

In that case the visa and extension probably will not be done in the same province where is at so it would not happen.