Suspension of International postal services destined for overseas destinations due to Covid-19

anchadian

I found out about this suspension when I unsuccessfully tried at a couple of post offices today to send an item by registered airmail to the UK. The source of this announcement would appear to be the following link:-

https://www.thailandpost.co.th/un/article_detail/article/11/20677

You need to click on the "Click >> Details" link at the foot of the page to view the English version as per the OP.

I personally think it highly unlikely that this suspension will be lifted any time soon, despite the stated intention for normal operations at the Suvarnabhumi Office Of Exchange to be resumed from 5 May. Such is the unpredictable nature of the COVID-19 beast, I'm afraid.

Edited by OJAS

all international post is through bkk. Possibly there was before from chiang mai, phuket, krabi.

after disinfecting rooms the new crew should move in, they have hundred of thousands employees. Closing all post is a large loss to their income, and to economy. Clients will switch too couriers 

1 hour ago, orang37 said:

Does this apply to all outbound parcels shipped from anywhere in Thailand, or, only parcels processed at Suvarnabhumi ?

thanks, ~o:37;

To all airmail (parcels, letters, etc) destined for foreign parts which is processed at Suvarnabhumi as I understand the situation. Didn't think that such airmail was processed at any other Thai airport, but I stand to be corrected.

Edited by OJAS