Is Pattaya open in the era of covid?

sbaker8688

8 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Not anymore

tonight saturday 1 may at 6-7 pm a lot of police all along

beach road was busy to take all the people out from the sand

You can now only exercice on the walk along the beach side

all gathering are forbidden

it's forbidden to go on the beach (On the sand or in the sea)

even the homeless have been sent to another location

(Usualy on the other side of the road )

sad times

I seem to recall  'gathering' was not permitted before 1st May.

If people are sitting around in the sand they certainly are breaking that rule....

If as you suggest, they are implementing a total ban on people on the beach this does seem a fabricated rule or perhaps we await an announcement on this. I appreciate the feedback. A pity really, a jog or walk down a long flat beach is a welcome and necessary relief for those stuck in a small condo nearby How about the area, would you say there has been an influx of 'out of towners' for the long, holiday weekend? Because that worries me greatly. 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If people are sitting around in the sand they certainly are breaking that rule....

If as you suggest, they are implementing a total ban on people on the beach this does seem a fabricated rule or perhaps we await an announcement on this. I appreciate the feedback. A pity really, a jog or walk down a long flat beach is a welcome and necessary relief for those stuck in a small condo nearby How about the area, would you say there has been an influx of 'out of towners' for the long, holiday weekend? Because that worries me greatly. 

Unfortunately it seems it's a total ban on people on the beach.

I don't know if it's a fabricated rule but the goal is obvious

it's to prevent the people to gather on the beach with food and drinks

and also discourage the travelers from over province to come, particularly Bangkok

With the beach, all the entertainements places and the restaurants closed who in his right mind would want to come for an holiday in Pattaya?

And it seems it works, the city is deserted at the moment

it's a long holiday week end, usualy a lot of thai tourists and few expats from Bkk are here but not this time. 

Another step in the long and endless agony of the city

Of course you are right, the residents (Me included) are one more time ''punished'', the walk on the beach was one of my daily routine

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They actually taped off the beach during that ban.

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

Unfortunately it seems it's a total ban on people on the beach.

Yep, it started out as a ban on drinking and eating on the beach, but now its no sitting either .... why?

What gets me is that its groups of officials telling groups (Families) that they can not sit on the beach.

180240912_1162024000928850_5552768224836350517_n.jpg.79dddc8959602b5bc1bd58071c5b54d3.jpg

• Like 2

This afternoon the police/tesakit where moving on anyone sitting on Jomtien beach    they didn't seem to be bothering people walking or jogging along the promenade as long as they had a face mask on ????  ????

though one woman driving a scooter and had face mask on was waved down and immediately  handed over 500 baht no idea what that was about ?    perhaps no helmet fine ?

56 minutes ago, johng said:

This afternoon the police/tesakit where moving on anyone sitting on Jomtien beach    they didn't seem to be bothering people walking or jogging along the promenade as long as they had a face mask on ????  ????

though one woman driving a scooter and had face mask on was waved down and immediately  handed over 500 baht no idea what that was about ?    perhaps no helmet fine ?

If she was driving the scooter on the promenade the 500 bahts fine makes sense, the walk pavement along the beach is supposed to be only for the pedestrians

iirc the fine for no helmet is 400 bahts (I read it somewhere, i have always my helmet on when on a scooter, so i have never been fined for it)

Edited by kingofthemountain

8 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

If she was driving the scooter on the promenade

She was driving along the road  as where the police/tesakit in their  pickup truck with  red lights "a flashing"..stopping at various places where they saw people sitting on the beach,then  one or two "officers" jumped out of the truck to

"have a word" with the "offenders"

There where  absolutely no deck chair vendors on the beach   and hardly any traffic in Pattaya (south)  or along Jomtien beach road.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

drinking and eating on the beach, but now its no sitting either .... why?

They don't want people out in the healthy "outdoors"  sun and sea air   relaxing and enjoying themself  maybe even getting some exercise..just stay home and cower under the bed covers !!!  ????????

49 minutes ago, johng said:

They don't want people out in the healthy "outdoors"  sun and sea air   relaxing and enjoying themself  maybe even getting some exercise..just stay home and cower under the bed covers !!!  ????????

Maybe they don't want them travelling all the way from Covid ridden Bangkok to enjoy sitting on the beaches of Chonburi....

It's a concern.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

They're trying to get people to stay home so they can get control of the virus.

2 hours ago, johng said:

Containing people also means containing the virus, even if the virus is already being hosted inside people.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Nothing here to see,most places closed down , ok for us married guys who just go shopping with the wife ,but even in the malls you cant sit down for a coffee.

Yes, I bought one, and with a savoury from BIg CX's bakery tried to find somewhere to do just that. They have removed all the seats and tables from the food court and piled them up. Pretty sad I would have looked sitting alone, but even that luxury is not afforded me!

Edited by jacko45k

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, I bought one, and with a savoury from BIg CX's bakery tried to find somewhere to do just that. They have removed all the seats and tables from the food court and piled them up. Pretty sad I would have looked sitting alone, but even that luxury is not afforded me!

Step out the front under ashady frangipani. So tropical????