Pantip Plaza gold shop robber arrested - nearly all 38 baht weight recovered

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Deputy commander of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Suchart Theerasawat announced the arrest of a 21 year old man yesterday after a gold shop robbery in Bangkok last week.

The Toh Kang 1991 shop on the ground floor of Pantip Plaza, Ngam Wong Wan Road, was robbed on April 24th by an armed man dressed all in black who was caught on CCTV vaulting the counter. 

Gen Suchart said that Warathon was now in the custody of the Nonthaburi provincial police and officers of the Rattanathibet station.

He has been taken on a re-enactment of the crime and charged with robbery at night and weapons and ammunition offences. 

Nearly all of the 38 baht weight of gold  stolen in the robbery has been recovered.

The gold is worth just over 1 million baht at today's prices. 

The robber dropped one baht weight of gold while fleeing and also stole a member of the public's motorcycle in fleeing, reported Daily News

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-28

I'm sure there are many criminals in Thailand that are never caught, but how come the police here ( who are all condemned as useless by most on TV) have such quick results in finding the perpetrators?

I once witnessed a couple of guys stealing stainless hand rails from a building site in the UK, gave the police the vehicle number and had a pretty good idea what they looked like. However it still took them 7 weeks before they followed it up and I never heard if they obtained a result. 

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

Nearly all of the 38 baht weight of gold  stolen in the robbery has been recovered.

Crime certainly did'nt pay for young Warathon! I wonder if they caught at mum's place?

Edited by PatOngo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaLa said:

I'm sure there are many criminals in Thailand that are never caught, but how come the police here ( who are all condemned as useless by most on TV) have such quick results in finding the perpetrators?

That is because these thug thieves are even more stupid than the police is. Else it wouldn't be hard to get away with a gold robbery here.

• Like 1