Entry to Thailand with valid Non 0 visa

I believe this has been covered many times but I keep getting mixed messages from colleagues and insurance companies. My question is: I have a current Non O visa (retirement) & multi entry stamp (valid until January 2022), do I need health insurance (40k outpatient/400k inpatient) in addition to the 100000 USD Covid insurance, if I decide to go back to the UK and return to Thailand in Sept/Oct this year?

2 minutes ago, fishtank said:

How can you have a Non O Visa and a multi entry stamp?

I suppose the correct wording should be a (Non O) visa extension on the basis of retirement and a Non-Imm Re-entry Permit valid until January 2022.

If you have a non-o visa or a extension of stay with a valid re-entry permit based upon retirement you must have the 40/400k baht medical insurance valid for your length of stay to apply for certificate of entry (COE) that is required to enter the country.

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a non-o visa or a extension of stay with a valid re-entry permit based upon retirement you must have the 40/400k baht medical insurance valid for your length of stay to apply for certificate of entry (COE) that is required to enter the country.

Thank you Ubonjoe. When I return it will be in September for at least 6 months (or maybe longer) but does my insurance just need to cover me up to my extension of stay renewal date in January or for 12 months from arrival. If it is only up to renewal in January I will consider getting travel insurance in the UK for up to 90 days, and delay my return until October this year.

19 minutes ago, cocacola said:

Thank you Ubonjoe. When I return it will be in September for at least 6 months (or maybe longer) but does my insurance just need to cover me up to my extension of stay renewal date in January or for 12 months from arrival.

It will only need to be valid to January when your extension expires.