What would a total lock down in Bangkok and Chiang Mai look like???

David T Pike

We are currently in a ASQ and have 4 days to go. What would happen to us if they lock down Bangkok? We have already rented a van and driver to take us and our tons of luggage to Chiang Mai on Monday the 3rd.

Will they stop us from leaving? Will they stop us from entering Chiang Mai? 

Thanks Folks! 

Lockdown is not a ‘complete ban’ on movement. People can still go to the Supermarket and Pharmacy etc. 

In the past, lockdown has meant a ban on unnecessary travel and total ban on travel outside of Curfew hours. 

When you leave ASQ you will be given a ‘release letter’ (I think it's called that) which indicates you have just carried out xx days quarantine. You will then be able to travel to your ‘home’ (or destination) in day time hours (i.e. outside of any Curfew, if there is one).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Lockdown is not a ‘complete ban’ on movement. People can still go to the Supermarket and Pharmacy etc. 

In the past, lockdown has meant a ban on unnecessary travel and total ban on travel outside of Curfew hours. 

When you leave ASQ you will be given a ‘release letter’ (I think it's called that) which indicates you have just carried out xx days quarantine. You will then be able to travel to your ‘home’ (or destination) in day time hours (i.e. outside of any Curfew, if there is one).

That's great news Richard! Thanks for the info! I thought I was going to be stuck in a Ground Hogs Day loop in a ASQ in Bangkok! ????