Course Changed! Government says private sector has no need to order vaccines

webfact

Got an email from Kaiser in Oakland that if I were there they could vaccinate me right now (being over 80 probably matters). CA is having about the same number of new cases per day as is Thailand currently (this surprised me), with 40 million population to Thailand's 70 million. But CA is still having roughly 50 new deaths per day, but it's definitely going down. So if the vaccine delay persists in Thailand, then the only reason to not leave for CA is the difficulty I would encounter returning to BKK, assuming I even wanted to. I yesterday bid goodbye to an American friend who is departing for SoCal mainly to replenish his bank account; he's hoping to return in November.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lom said:

The fear that the private sector will buy a better vaccine.

On the other hand they might just fear that the private sector will end up with inferior vaccines.

Stick 'fake covid 19 vaccines' into your search engine and see how many hits you get!

19 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

There is no conspiracy, and no plot to profiteer. 

Whatever the reasons are or could be; I agree that’s pure speculation. It doesn’t change the result though, which is shít. 

Thailand will do what  UK, EU, Australia, Israel, UAE and many others will do - Purchase through the one representative, the MoH/Government.

I can only comment on the EU: They secured enough jabs, from all major producers, not the Chinese ones. Where do you see that that is what Thailand will be doing? 

From who?  When did Pfizer, Jansen and Moderna start selling on open market?  Where do you expect the better vaccine to come from if ALL production has  already been purchased for at least the next 6 months. The only way the better vaccines will be distributed outside EU and USA is if they are allowed to go, and that isn't going to happen for some time. You think Japan will let someone grab its 120 million doses on order? No one in the EU is going to let go their Pfizer doses. The EU already tried to take the Pfizer destined to Canada and they nearly had a retaliatory trade war start.

So now you’re saying the government won’t be able to secure the jabs that you claimed in the paragraph before it would be securing? 

The Astra Zeneca vaccine that Thailand will rely on has proven effective in the UK and Canada where it has been used under reliable reporting.  

What you gonna tell females under 60 years old, who are better off taking an mRNA vaccines because of the risk of blood clots? 

Edited by cocoonclub