Wise (TransferWise)

This morning I did my monthly 65,000 baht transfer.  In five hours the transfer was complete and money in the Thai bank.  My bank in the USA has not deducted the funds from my account  This transfer usually takes three days and USA bank deducts the funds before before showing up in Thai bank.  Any ideas?

I sent money with Wise from the UK last week and the sms from Krungsri arrived notifying me of the deposit a second or two before the Monzo app showed the money leaving my account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

I sent money with Wise from the UK last week and the sms from Krungsri arrived notifying me of the deposit a second or two before the Monzo app showed the money leaving my account.

Yep I had similar very recently.....money was already there in the SCB in the time it took me to find the app and log in

its a four day holiday so the Thai banks normally keep the money until they open again on Wednesday. It's basically a bank scam, but they all do it.  No worries, its not lost, just being used by them on the money markets. 

Edited by Pilotman

14 hours ago, Pilotman said:

its a four day holiday so the Thai banks normally keep the money until they open again on Wednesday. It's basically a bank scam, but they all do it.  No worries, its not lost, just being used by them on the money markets. 

It looks like you got this the wrong way around.

The money transfer has already been credited to the OP's Thai bank account, but it has not yet been debited to his US account from which he sent it.

7 hours ago, Puccini said:

It looks like you got this the wrong way around.

The money transfer has already been credited to the OP's Thai bank account, but it has not yet been debited to his US account from which he sent it.

That I don't believe