CM Uni Car Pass

jonwilly

CM university have changed their system for obtaining a car/m/cycle pass.

I complete their electronic form with help from a Thai friend. I have yet to pay electronically from my Bank.

Does anyone KNOW just what the new system is ?

The old system which had Guards, who have vanished during the day, has been replaced by an electronic Camera system as shown below, deployed at HK and main Suthep Rd entrances.

The camera takes a photo front and rear of the vehicle entering and displays it on the large board.

As I was parting from the Thai friend who helped me it was mentioned that Guards where only employed after 21.00, or similar.

I now have only a vague idea of what is going on.

john

IMG_2757.JPG

For several years you had to pay for a car pass. My Thai friend did this for me, something like B100/ year.

Last year they started an electronic system and my friend sort it out for me.

This year it was all electronic, computer only, to get the new pass good for two years. 
Beyond me so my friend helped me and 99% got done. 
Then as I mentioned as me friend was leaving she said the line about the gate being manned  only after 21.00, or something like that . I had my m/cycle hemet on and only half got what was said. She needed to get back to work so I let it go.

The machines are there, they definitely photograph all cars bikes entering, two shots one from front then one from rear.

I do not want to go pestering a friend over the phone so I wondered does anyone KNOW just what is going on.

john

I see, people were supposed to register their vehicles to be allowed to enter the campus.

Never knew this and never had a problem driving on the campus, I also never heard of anybody having such a "campus card".

They explain it on their Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SCMC-Smart-Campus-Management-Center-547779949045505

The purpose is to install automatic gates. But according to their Facebook so far there is only one entry/exit which has an actual gate yet.

I guess the other entries are not ready yet, maybe at some point all entry points have gates and they will be controlled by the system seen on your picture, and if you didn't register your car it won't open the gate for you.

This is where to make everything if you can have someone help you in Thai.   SCMC (cmu.ac.th)

What happens also is you get a barcode sticker to put in your windshield.  In the past there was a sticker with the license plate number which a security guard looked for.

Now when you enter the campus, the camera reads the license plate and checks their database if the fee is paid.. I am not sure how they handle it if it shows in the database not paid.

I believe the restriction came a few - several years back from way too many Chinese tourists on renta -motorcycles cutting though creating serious driving dangers and also having accidents on the campus. I also heard the other reason is that they were relieving themselves out in the open anywhere they felt like it and this created serious contempt and anger. I never ever had any problem going through and still don't having no sticker. They just wave me by. My son also goes there, but he has sticker so he can park the bike etc.