Covid outbreak in pineapple factory sparks fear of wider spread in Hua Hin/Cha-Am area

2pm.jpg

Picture: Prachuap Post

The Prachuap Post on Facebook reported there were 22 cases of Covid-19 found at a pineapple factory on the Hua Hin bypass among Myanmar migrants.

More than two hundred more have been tested with results not yet in.

2pm1.jpg

The outbreak has caused fears among the locals that it will spread to a local village where many of the workers stay or even further afield in Hua Hin and Cha-Am. 

The Quality Pineapple Products factory on the Cha-Am - Pranburi bypass is being sealed off as a field hospital and quarantine facility, reported the media.

Panya Konyai, the phoo yai ban of Ban Nong Nok village said that he feared an outbreak there as many workers who don't live at the factory reside there.

Spraying of their homes as well as of other homes nearby was taking place. This was being done by officials of the Hin Lek Fai council. 

2pm2.jpg

Other workers at the factory live in Hua Hin and Cha-Am.

Pineapples are delivered for processing at the factory from Rayong, Chonburi, Prachinburi and Lampang.

The media indicated that positive tests had risen from 17 to 22 and that 225 people are awaiting test results. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-07

A shame for those sick and for Hua Hin and Cha Am.  Mrs Arkady is bored of being locked down in the capital and has been asking about the possibility of a trip to Hua Hin. I guess this pushes it further out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arkady said:

A shame for those sick and for Hua Hin and Cha Am.  Mrs Arkady is bored of being locked down in the capital and has been asking about the possibility of a trip to Hua Hin. I guess this pushes it further out.

Yes please

BK out break Myanmar people

Hua Hin outbreak Myanmar people.

Government isnt doing their job, looks like Myanmar people can go in out Thailand with no control and quarantaine on Myanmar people. You get problems then, as it shows.

I'd like to see some photos inside the living accommodations to get a good idea of what we're dealing with here....

I wonder how many people sleep inside each of them...again I'm reminded of the dorm like rooms in Singapore which led to many thousands of infections among the migrant workers.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

BK out break Myanmar people

Hua Hin outbreak Myanmar people.

Government isnt doing their job, looks like Myanmar people can go in out Thailand with no control and quarantaine on Myanmar people. You get problems then, as it shows.

Theres thousands crossing over everyday.  Theres an out of control military junta killing innocent civilians in that country.  Can't blame them.  

Interesting though, Myanmar has vaccinated more of its people than Thailand.  

On 5/7/2021 at 5:09 PM, ukrules said:

I'd like to see some photos inside the living accommodations to get a good idea of what we're dealing with here....

I wonder how many people sleep inside each of them...again I'm reminded of the dorm like rooms in Singapore which led to many thousands of infections among the migrant workers.

From experience I have given accomodation to Burmese  workers  over the years,many of them never cleaned the room once or washed  bed  linen in over 18  months.