Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Changing font display colour

bluesofa

Since the last upgrade a while ago now, it appears to me the font colour has changed from black(-ish) to grey.

I've looked, but I can't see if it's possible to change my own display preferences to get it back to black to be able to read it easier?

27 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

No it isnt. There are no individual user settings for that. (That I know of)

Hmm, OK.

I wonder why it was decided to make it harder-to-read for us crumblies with not so good eyesight?

Another member I email said exactly the same thing without me mentioning it. He said it has reduced the time he spends on TVF because of it.

I hope no one suggests increasing the contrast on my display, as then everything else will be too high-contrast.

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Hmm, OK.

I wonder why it was decided to make it harder-to-read for us crumblies with not so good eyesight?

Another member I email said exactly the same thing without me mentioning it. He said it has reduced the time he spends on TVF because of it.

I hope no one suggests increasing the contrast on my display, as then everything else will be too high-contrast.

I dont think anyone "decided" at all, its just an attribute of the theme employed by the software company.

Just now, CharlieH said:

I dont think anyone "decided" at all, its just an attribute of the theme employed by the software company.

Is there an option to customise it by Tech Doctor?

I'm probably in a minority anyway. I'm by no means blind, but it's not as easy to read. (Unless it's something else that's changed?)

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Is there an option to customise it by Tech Doctor?

I'm probably in a minority anyway. I'm by no means blind, but it's not as easy to read. (Unless it's something else that's changed?)

It was raised by 1 other person and yes a request can be submitted.

14 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

It was raised by 1 other person and yes a request can be submitted.

Thanks.

I don't know if I'm on a loser already, if so far I'm only the second person to bring it up.

How can a request be submittedt?

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Thanks.

I don't know if I'm on a loser already, if so far I'm only the second person to bring it up.

How can a request be submittedt?

By having it posted here, despite popular belief, the comments are read and noted.

• Like 1