Agent For "Retirement Visa" in Korat

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What do you want the agent to do for you?

I don't think you will find one in Korat to provide everything (financial proof and etc) for you.

Actually I have mine. Asking for my buddy who is finally returning this month after 14 months away from his fiancee. Would rather not use an agent, but he is clueless and I know nothing about Korat. He does not have a Thai bank account either. Trying to help him out and explore all options, in case of problems. 

Recently a friend used a 'recommended' Visa agent in Pattaya to do the same, the 10k he paid the agent and another 10k said agent borrowed from my friend are now AWOL and nowhere to be found...

22 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Actually I have mine. Asking for my buddy who is finally returning this month after 14 months away from his fiancee. Would rather not use an agent, but he is clueless and I know nothing about Korat. He does not have a Thai bank account either. Trying to help him out and explore all options, in case of problems. 

Assume he is entering Thailand visa exempt or setv. Both of those can be extended by 30 days. So visa exempt 45+30 and Tourist visa 60+30.

After that he could apply for covid extensions. Due to cease end of May but for sure will be extended.

If he wanted to obtain a non O and subsequent 12 month extension he would need to use an agent since you pointed out he has not arranged the financials.

The agent would not necessarily be in Korat. He could use agent in Bangkok. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Recently a friend used a 'recommended' Visa agent in Pattaya to do the same, the 10k he paid the agent and another 10k said agent borrowed from my friend are now AWOL and nowhere to be found...

Always use a well known agent. In Pattaya there are plenty. KeyVisa just one example of many.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OJAS said:

So why not ask him whether he could provide assistance to your pal, then?

To clarify...I have my RETIREMENT EXTENSION for years already, not an agent. Also he needs all this in Korat, not Chon Buri or Bangkok...where I have lived and extended.