Government Plans New Measure for Vaccinated Travellers

webfact

3 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

soupe du jour

de jure means nothing ... closest translation is 'of the swearing'...

Thank you for the correction,

no wonder the next day I ordered the Soup De Jour it was different.,  

• Haha 1

So I assume that some day they will indeed drop the quarantine requirement. But what about insurance? What is the requirement now, and is there an age beyond which it's impossible or impractical to acquire? And will they ever drop it? (I know, no one knows.)

2 minutes ago, Fromas said:

As a chef friend once shared, the soup de jure is usually the leftover soup of last night.

your chef friend should know what he is talking about ... likely he was a diner cook...   ; )

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Disparate Dan said:

(from the link above)

"University of Sydney epidemiologist Dr Fiona Stanaway said, given no COVID-19 vaccine was 100 per cent effective, it was to be expected that some people who had been vaccinated would test positive although they would most likely be asymptomatic.
“If you’re asymptomatic, you’re less likely to transmit,” she said, adding the figures regardless show that hotel quarantine systems were still needed."

This seems to follow on from recent discussion on TVF about vaccinated people passing the virus, but without it affecting them.

Does this mean those vaccinated (whether abroad or in Thailand) should still be wearing masks and observing all the covid precautions?

I can see this being as difficult to implement as pushing string uphill.

13 minutes ago, Fromas said:

As a chef friend once shared, the soup du jour is usually the leftover soup of last night.

Maybe a guy from France or even a French Chef will come and confirm that soup du jour or even soupe du jour is just the soup we offer today.

• Haha 1

They want 70% of residents in these 'favorite locations' areas vaccinated ASAP ? Better consider getting REAL vaccines here then or it ain't happening........

Edited by CANSIAM

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

"My understanding is that Farangs who test positive during quarantine are hospitalized in a real hospital, symptoms or not.".

And why not when you're paying $100 a month for mandatory Covid insurance that has to be bought from a Thai insurance company due to wording stipulations on the CoE requirements.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

My understanding is that Farangs who test positive during quarantine are hospitalized in a real hospital, symptoms or not.

That used to be the case. Due to extreme shortage of beds, now those who are asymptomatic and test positive during quarantine will usually be sent to a   "hospitel"  or afield Hospital.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nkg said:

I hope they invent some more paperwork and fees before letting people into Thailand.

At present, I only need to provide certified proof of vaccination, proof of special Thai covid insurance (minimum £100), proof of PCR test within 72 hours of departure (£200), Certificate of Entry (which the Thai Embassy may or may not provide in time for my flight), Tourist Visa, bank statements showing sufficient funds to stay in Thailand, confirmation of return flight, confirmation of paid hotel bookings for my entire stay in Thailand ...

It's so easy! I hope Thailand isn't overwhelmed with all the tourists that will come ????

You forgot a few forms to download. T8 and asq needs copies of said docs sent. In October all docs/coe should be dropped   Imagine embassies processing 3.5 approvals 555

5 hours ago, Aarin said:

Why not waive the quarantine now for vaccinated tourists. Why wait for October, what will be different then? Philippines has already wajved the quarantine fir 5 islands and last week 2500 headed to Boracay. You better hurry before it's too late. 

Vaccinated or not, you could still be a carrier....that's their view anyhow.

I understand the quarantine. What I don't understand is why it takes 14 days and 3 tests...

Edited by Chelseafan
Can't spell!!!

9 hours ago, boogiewoogie said:

Wake me up when they come up with an example of a jab pass and then wake me up again as soon as they deal with a jabless kids issue.

There are still no approved jabs for kids. And toddlers not even on a horizon, Hello?

Pfizer Will Ask For Approval To Give COVID-19 Vaccine To Children Ages 2 to 11

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/pfizer-covid-vaccine-ages-2-to-11-042109513.html 

The FDA is expected to soon authorize Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine for teens.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fda-expected-soon-authorize-pfizers-100017217.html

10 hours ago, sirineou said:

Plan De Jure.

which reminds me of the joke where two friends are dining at a restaurant

one says to the other, I like to order some soup do you know which soup is good?

Sure says the other, a couple of days ago I had the soup De Jure and it was very good. ????

With a glass of Beaujolais Nouveau a '97 of course

Edited by overherebc

16 hours ago, boogiewoogie said:

Wake me up when they come up with an example of a jab pass and then wake me up again as soon as they deal with a jabless kids issue.

There are still no approved jabs for kids. And toddlers not even on a horizon, Hello?

Kids from 12 up can get Pfizer.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I can wait that long but even if I did there seems to be something missing from this statement.

If I fly into Bangkok what happens then? I live in Mahasarakham.  How long until I can leave Bangkok and of course the same goes for the other destinations as well?