Moving to Ban Chang - house rentals

brewsterbudgen

Having lived and worked in Bangkok for 16 years, it's now time to move and Ban Chang / Rayong seems ideal, for family reasons, and also because both Garden International and Rayong English Programme schools look good for my 6-year-old son.

I will be looking to rent a 3-bedroom house as close as possible to the two schools.  It looks like there are a few Moo Baans within fairly close proximity to the schools, namely Sisuk Village, Eastern Star Village and Sin Thawi Park Village.   Do any members have any recommendations?  Would it be possible to find a 3-bedroom house for around 20,000 a month?  If not, how do the villages on the other side of Sukhumvit Road compare?

Many thanks

• Like 1

Close to where the schools are is a relatively new village called the Palms, many 3 bedroom in there for less than 20,000, Eastern star is mega expensive, Sin Thavee good enough village but old.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2021 at 7:09 AM, LennyW said:

Close to where the schools are is a relatively new village called the Palms, many 3 bedroom in there for less than 20,000, Eastern star is mega expensive, Sin Thavee good enough village but old.

Cheers.  I will check out The Palms.

Does anyone recommend using a local agent, or is it better to just use online sites like DD Property?

• 2 weeks later...

We moved from BKK 2-1/2 years ago and now live on Eastern Sta in Vintage 1 Village. The  rental rates here are around 35,000 for a three bedroom house. The village is very well maintained and very quiet.

Currently there are two houses with rental signs (including telephone numbers) in the village and I assume its the owners as no agent mentioned - rents may be more negotiable right now. so its probably worth a drive down here and call the owners - thats exactly how we got this house although we ended up buying instead of renting.

My 14 year old son goes to Garden and loves it.

On 5/31/2021 at 2:42 PM, teevee said:

We moved from BKK 2-1/2 years ago and now live on Eastern Sta in Vintage 1 Village. The  rental rates here are around 35,000 for a three bedroom house. The village is very well maintained and very quiet.

Currently there are two houses with rental signs (including telephone numbers) in the village and I assume its the owners as no agent mentioned - rents may be more negotiable right now. so its probably worth a drive down here and call the owners - thats exactly how we got this house although we ended up buying instead of renting.

My 14 year old son goes to Garden and loves it.

Cheers.  We're going down to look at the schools and the area (for house rentals) next month.  Unfortunately, Garden is somewhat out of my price range, unless they can offer a generous discount!  So, it will probably be REPS.

On 5/20/2021 at 9:30 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Cheers.  I will check out The Palms.

Does anyone recommend using a local agent, or is it better to just use online sites like DD Property?

Just go yourself and look for signs.   Ask people who are outside in the street if they know of a house for rent.     Look and ask .    That is how i find the best deals ...whether to rent or to buy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2021 at 2:42 PM, teevee said:

so its probably worth a drive down here and call the owners - thats exactly how we got this house although we ended up buying instead of renting.

Yep......   go there and do it that way      

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 6:57 AM, LennyW said:

3 bedroom furnished in the Palms available for 15k right now, next to someone i know who lives there.

That looks ideal.  Unfortunately we won't be able to get down there to look at places until the end of July, and we're not looking to move until around April 2022.  

43 minutes ago, DaodaoLittledao said:

I'm a House Agent in Ban Chang. I handle for some houses nearby the school. Please feel free to contact me. I'm willing to support you.

NameCardFront.jpg

Noted.  I will be in touch, although we won't be able to move until April 2022.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Update:  we have found a nice house in Miracle Grand Ville.  Seems like a short journey to the schools and near enough to Lotus's and other amenities.

Does anyone have any knowledge about the Village?

Nice well kept village, small but nice pool area and gym. Fiine wide access roads and good security.

Very handy shop in front, look for the red, white and blue "Ban Chang Expat Mart" !!

Welcome to Ban Chang!

3 hours ago, LennyW said:

Nice well kept village, small but nice pool area and gym. Fiine wide access roads and good security.

Very handy shop in front, look for the red, white and blue "Ban Chang Expat Mart" !!

Welcome to Ban Chang!

Cheers!  Yeah, the Expat Mart played a key part in my decision making!  I will be a regular customer.  My wife preferred the Thai BBQ restaurant/bar/market just a bit further up the road, so we're both happy.

• Like 1