FET forms vs. Bank confirmation letter

Hello,

I am planning to purchase a condo in Bangkok. The money was sent from abroad and converted in Thailand. My Thai bank says they don't issue FET forms, only "credit advice confirmation letters". My agent says FET forms are not being used anymore since last year. Is that correct? I am bit skeptical, because every article I've read says that FET forms are necessary.

Can anybody help me to sort out my confusion? Are confirmation letters sufficient? Or are FET forms still necessary? How to get them? And will the "confirmation letter" also be enough if I want to send the money back to my home country one day?

Thanks for your help!

Bangkok Bank issued a confirmation letter for me saying it was a foreign transfer and included name of condo, that was required at the land office. Check on your bank statement it's shown as International

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

If the amount is under $50k US its usually a letter.

I think you will find a letter is replacing an FET or larger amounts as well and acceptable by the land office

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

In practice, credit advice notices are exactly the same thing, it's that credit advice notice from the banks Treasury department which allows the bank letter to be written.

The other point worth making is that credit advice notices are transferable  and interchangeable between some banks. I used one from UOB to transfer funds overseas, via CIMB. The banks act as agents for BOT on these things so all they are concerned about is that paperwork exists, incase they get audited.

Edited by Brierley
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, stubuzz said:

If the money was sent in several transfers, will the bank issue a letter for each one or is it possible for the bank to issue a combined letter for the total amount?

I sent my 3 million deposit in two transactions, they were both included on the one document. BBL

• Like 1

I was planning when coming next time to Thailand using Wise as it's now called, previously TransferWise to send money via them to a hopefully new Thai bank account. Sometimes this gets sent via another Thai bank, eg. Kasikorn to Bangkok Bank and is then shown as domestic transfer. If I now cannot get an FET form for immigration , how will I prove the money was sent from Europe.

Hello, first message, I got lot of information on this forum, time to pay back.

I bought a condo 3 weeks ago, the money was transferred in € in several transactions over 50,000€ using Wise, and my bank (BangkokBank) issued a letter to the land office stating that I had transferred XXXX € converted to YYYY THB, and all went right at the land office when I transferred the condo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...